10 Feb 2014

MY WEEKEND OF FEBRUARY 7

It's an awful weather here, it rains cats and dogs and when you go out you have to pay attention that you are not "gone with the wind" ! Going out for a walk is impossible, if you do not want to become a fish, so to change a bit my decor and not to sit at my computer or watch TV the whole day, I visited my friends who were  in the same situation.




The two last nights I thought the house would fly away, but fortunately it's still standing without any damages. Of course there are a lot of traffic problems because trees fell on the streets. I drove over to Nicole, helped her a little with the computer, after all this time she has one, she is still in war with it and mixes up Picasa with Google and Firefox with emails etc. She lit the open fire and as it didn't work immediately, she put a lot of logs in,  one over the other with the result that two days later when she called me it was still burning ! Patience is not one of her qualities, just as I.


Charlie waits for the fire to burn

I also went to visit a friend from my painting class, who had a hip surgery and hobbled around with crutches, she was very happy that now she has no pain anymore in her leg. Her husband throws the household, cooks and prepared a coffee for me and then well educated, disappeared into his room  behind the computer to leave us alone between women.

I prefer to go to my friends, because Mr. G's life is like a train schedule. In the afternoon at 3.30 pm sharp he starts with his TV series and squats our living room. The others don't have husbands so there is no problem. Of course it happens that we have our little tea times in my home too and then Mr. G escapes into his office.

On Sunday I brought a plastic cover for cars to Ilona, there is something wrong with the roof of her car, it rained inside and the seats were wet. Until the problem is solved the cover will help.

It rained on my way to her house and also on the way back I could hardly see through this rain curtain.

Thanks to all these chats and discussions I now have enough news and inspirations to feed this blog for the next days !



I think I will hang this over my bed and become a philosophe.

7 comments:

  1. The great Waterloo fire of 2014 started in a normal little house in a normal little fireplace. Even heavy rains could not contain the fire beast. Meanwhile, the occupant and her friend worked away at the computer, oblivious of the created fire and forthcoming destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW Andrew's comment is funny! I admire you European women (or should that be you non-African born women!) I would never make a fire by myself - I just can't. If I didn't have a man around to do it, I'd have no fire! Great post! PS my e-mails and the people of the server are under construction today. I hope to reply to you tomorrow. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No rain here for some time but maybe tomorrow. Patience is not one of my strong points either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will dance in the rain if it ever rains again here. Meanwhile I am learning a rain dance to make it rain.
    The great fire of Waterloo 2014 hasn't been on the news, has it happened yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying to do this since becoming so ill. Many days I want nothing more than to stay in bed. But I think of all I would miss with my sweet Savannah, so I am trying to learn to dance despite my illness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT IS SO NICE TO HAVE A GROUP OF FRIENDS VISITING EACH OTHER AND DOING PAINTING.WE HAD RAIN TODAY AND I WAS ALMOST HAPPY CAUSE I ACTUALLY
    MISSED IT. WE'VE HAD GOOD WEATHER FOR A CHANGE BUT COLD.
    THOSE GOLDENS SURE ARE NICE DOGS AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you learn to dance in that steady rain let me know how to do it and maybe I will think about moving back to Oregon in the winter. I never mastered that skill after many years of it ;>)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !