more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. The week started with food shopping for my starving Mr. G. He is always anxious that he doesn't get something to eat, because, as you know, love goes through the stomac, at least concerning men.
2. I had quiet a lot to do with sorting out all my pictures which I had taken in Amsterdam and on my birthday cruise.
3. I started to try to use the Kindle Fire HD which I had got from my son for my birthday and tried to find out how to download books. (or is it upload ?)
Each time I switch on that thing I get another picture. And then I didn't know what to do. Mr. G. got a manual from a friend, which I tried to read and do what was written, but of course I didn't find what was written and after having tried until midnight, and still hadn't a book to read, I switched off the light before I threw the Kindle against the wall.
4. After the family birthday celebration in Amsterdam, I had the birthday party with my best friends. Unfortunately two were missing, one was in hospital and the other is still under 65 and therefore had to work.
I had invited them for a cruise on Brussels' canal and saw we a landscape of Brussels we had never seen.
I had prepared a picnic to eat on board, a delicious noodle salad and as we had 45 min to wait for the ship, we had our picnic on a bench just in front of the boarding place. A young man took the picture and had a good laugh when we told him that we were celebrating my 70th birthday !
Then we were sitting on the boat and enjoyed the view.
When Ilona cut the birthday cake baked by Chantal, the captain also wanted a piece and started to sing "Happy birthday" and all the other passengers joined in ! It was really a lot of fun !
The cruise lasted 3 h and then we drove to Ilona's to open a bottle of champagne and I got my birthday gifts !
I felt very spoiled. At 8 pm I finally arrived home, tired but happy ! As I didn't want to make another Kindle massacre, I just managed to open YouTube to watch a Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie) series, instead of reading a book.
5. After blogging and some household scores I attacked my Kindle again !
This time I got this image and I absolutely don't know what that means ! I also had forgotten the cable and battery charger in Amsterdam, so my Kindle died after a while. Mr. G. looked for a cable to connect to my computer and suddenly I had the good idea to copy and paste pictures from my computer to the Kindle ! I also downloaded 3 books via my computer, as I am really in war with the tactile screen I don't know if I slap too hard on it, but I always get functions I don't want and still don't know how to download pictures and books directly on my Kindle.
I sincerely hope that in a couple of