more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. When I opened the stores and only saw the whole neighborhood in grey, I thought this day is ideal to be creative, and produced Christmas headers for 3 Blogs with only some interruptions of
2. Christmas decorations are in the stores now and I did some "market studies" especially concerning a nice imitation of a real Christmas tree. This year we celebrate Christmas here in Waterloo for the first time with little Toby and of course I want to make Christmas the same as I used to do when my son was little. And a nice Christmas tree is very important. I stated that the prices had increased tremendously and they had become very expensive ! I didn't buy any, but Mr. G. and I turned the basement upside down to find the one we had always used and finally found it ! It looked as good as the new once in the stores, so we saved some money. Since years we use a fake one, especially because of the four darling cats ! It had been a very long time since we celebrated Christmas at home, because we always went to my son's in Amsterdam. I am so early this year with Christmas, because of my holidays, when I will be back there is not much time left and the best things are sold.
3. I also repaired some holes in the kitchen cabinets, where the painting had gone at the bottom. I used a special paste to fill in the holes and made the surface equal and then I glued silicone stripes all along the cabinet bottoms. To my big surprise, the result was very nice, because I had never done such a work ! Repairing things were Mr. G's job, but with some arthritis in his hands he can't do it anymore and he also has become quiet stiff ! The result of his new life as couch potatoe !
4. As I have lost so much weight with my apple "cure", two of my jeans although "stretch" had become too large at the waist. I can't sew, never learned or did it, but my best friends do ! Nicole, Dominique and Ilona are real good dressmakers, and Nicole immediately proposed to make them smaller when she saw that I had to pull them up all the time. So I brought her my jeans, and we spent the afternoon together. Later on her daughter came too and we had a nice afternoon.
5. In painting class I finished my last painting, the theme was "transparency"
Not this, but next weekend we will have our yearly exposition.
After class I went together with a friend I hadn't seen since a few months to "my" Asian Restaurant.
This time I took some pictures of the entrance. Behind the Buddha is a little terrace with seats and tables for smoking people while they have their apperitif before they start their lunch or supper.
I also exercised to make personal Christmas and Birthday cards with a new program I had downloaded. I like to create cards or headers and I was quiet happy with my first results.