8 Jan 2012

WE GOT A ONE EURO CHEQUE !

Mr. G. got his pension cheque covering 6 months i.e. from January til June 2012.



When he saw the amount his eyes almost popped out and he immediately thought of an error. Even though it's a very small amount he gets twice per year, because he hasn't worked a lot in Italy, the Italian government has to pay a pension for the years he worked there.

I had never seen a cheque of ONE € (1.27 $) ! It certainly couldn't be a joke because when it comes to pay governments in the whole world don't have any humor. But still I laughed that much that my belly hurt. And all of our friends did the same ! With this amount you can't even buy a bread !

Mr. G. called and was informed that this amount is normal, as the Italian Government had payed him from 2008 til 2011 a gross pension, because they had forgotten to deduct the taxes. Now some very efficient employee had found the mistake and deducted the amount of these 3 years in one shot ! No wonder that Italy's economy is rather bad if they don't deduct income taxes, and of course it's always the less fortunates who have to pay !




10 comments:

Jo said...

OMW, I wonder if you could buy a small sachet of kibbles for the cats with that fantastic pension. Yep, governments make mistakes which cost MONEY! Love the cat cartoon. Have a great day. Hugs Jo

Linens and Royals said...

Poor Mr G, I hope you will feed him for the next 6 months and buy him some mortadella to share with Arthur.

A Lady's Life said...

so sad lol

sandra carlier said...

I had the same with Mélissa's allocations for her apartment in Aix!!! They said they gave too much during the school year 2010/2011!!! It's always a bad news!!

but 1 euro!!!! I imagine you eyes discovering the price of the pension!

I posted on my blog a report about the New Year!

Mara said...

I always wonder how much I will get from the various countries I have worked in. I just hope it's a bit more than €1 though!

Cezar and Léia said...

It must be much more expensive to produce and send the cheque than what it is worth... Crazy bureaucracy...
God bless you!
Cezar

diane b said...

It is a wonder the Italian govt could even afford that amount.

Maribeth said...

I cannot believe that! Poor Mr. G!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Short time ago I receive a check for .27¢ and I was advice to see an account over this.
If your government is ran anything like our. I can laugh and still have pity. Our is total clueless what a little common sense would do.

Coffee is on.

Lifecruiser Travel said...

I'm just shaking my head to this... insane...