13 Jun 2011

MY WORLD - Ostend Visit


More participantshere

When I was at the Ostende Sailing Ships Festival I also did a stroll along the beach and through the city.









The railway station of Ostende from outside and inside



These 3 bronze sculptures are sitting just in front of the station and can be used as a seat



They look towards the habour



there are two others just besides, and the have all the same face



The habour



Along the beach it wasn't so nice because works are going on to be ready for the summer season.



but a little farer there were no works and school children enjoyed their holidays at the sea



The North sea on the Belgian coast looks always grey even when the sky is blue.



A street leading to the beach



Unfortunately in the 70th all beautiful old Victorian style houses were demolished to build new modern houses for the tourists. I discovered this beautiful "left over". Ostend had been such a beautful town, but now it became real ugly.







The church

more about Ostende is here on my Travel blog

16 comments:

  1. great shots you have here..... Have a great weekdays ahead!!! Hoping you can visit @ my little corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tour as always and your photos are terrific, Gattina! Looks like such a great place! I love any place that's near the water! Enjoy your week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ostende sure is a pretty city. And I loved seeing both the inside and outside of the railway station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ostende is a beautiful city I can see and OH that harbour. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is still a beautiful place, my friend. Like Sylvia, I love waterfront places.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, looks like a wonderful place to stroll around. Ostende looks gorgeous and the sculptures are truly one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see beauty in Ostend by the picture you posted.
    Sure things change but it how it took in care of.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. What glorious pictures. That building is amazing...I love the effect of stained glass. And those sculptures are so neat. I'd love to sit on them! It would be like being held in someones lap again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a tour! I love the railroad station, the sculptures, the ships, everything. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love older train stations - this one looks like it could be a gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can tell that's the other side of the water from us: it looks far too cultured, not to mention litter-free and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy your travels and excursions. The bronze ladies look as though they have very comfortable laps:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sculptures. They are sober and stylish!The cathedral is very beautiful.
    How wonderful that your son and daughter have such a big bouncing baby! I also try to eat less and less meat and like you I prefer poultry to beef and pork. Fortunately I am also fond of cheese eggs and fish. The problem is what is wholesome nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the remaining Victorian building and the church. And yes, the harbour is still beautiful. Quaint idea to have statues which can be used as seats. Have a wonderful trip to Istanbul, Gattina. (((hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why do they keep pulling down beautiful buildings to build modern boxes? They do that here too in some places and it is making things look so ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love those bronze seats-women! To sit in their lap... Not giving any lapdance though....*giggles*

    Wonderful ship too - and the harbor. Another wonderful city obviously.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !