3 Jun 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. This week we really had a rollercoaster weather. It was so hot on Monday that I almost melted in the garden, while I was reading my emails and preparing posts.
Of course the cats had to keep me company and watched that I did everthing right. Because of the heat I didn't put my nose outside except the garden of course.
2. Because it rained cats and dogs and the temperature had dropped to half of what we had the day before, I did some shopping got wet and returned home quickly. The farmers were happy about the rain, everything is so dry. We never had such a warm and dry spring since the creation of the weather station in 18 hundred something !
3. Ilona has invited her daughter with family for a barbecue and that immediately makes around 20 persons ! Her daughter has 5 children, 4 of them with partners, so she needed party plates and decorations.
I took her to a shop which sells all kind of decoration things from plastic plates, glasses, cuttlery, flowers, table cloths etc. etc. from 20 to 400 pieces per package ! Here she is looking for placemats.
I found these table decorations gorgeous, when you think that everything you see is out of plastic and paper !
4. For the first time this year Dominique and I after our acqua gym could eat in the garden of "our" asiatic restaurant, they had completely renovated the terrace unfortunately I had forgotten my camera !
5. It's ascension day today and everything is closed, so I took the opportunity to read my book and take a sunbath, because today it's hot again.
Rosie did the same and sat on the warm stone cat.