4 Feb 2011
FRIDAY's FAV 5
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. After acqua gym on Monday, 4 of us had lunch together in the new Waterloo Sushi "shop". It's rather a "New Age" snack than a restaurant. The menu was delicious, we had a soup, a carottes/orange salad and 12 sushis ! We all were so full we couldn't even eat a dessert ! Of course there were lots of subjects to discuss about, and how we would change the world ....
2. My friend Chantal was stuck home because her car had to be repaired, so I went to visit her and did my shopping at the same time in Nivelles where she lives. It's about 15 km, the same distance I have when I go to Brussels. She had found a very nice bed for her brain damaged husband (after a car accident). He lays there, can't eat alone, or get up, he is just like a vegetable. But this bed has a remote control can be put up and down and it is far easier for her to feed him. Drinking our Karkade tea still from Egypt, we were talking about what happens there, and both sincerely hope it will be finished by November, because we want to go back for our winter holidays.
3. Wednesday we has so much glaze that it was impossible to go out when you didn't have too. 800 cars were damaged and 4 people died ! Dominique, Chantal and I wanted to go to the cinema because a new French comedy had come out, but then we prefered to stay home it was too dangerous. But Dominique came over and we watched Julie and Julia which we had missed. It was absolutely hilarious and even Mr. G. who had the intention to leave us women watching a typical female movie alone, stayed and laughed with us. That's what we were doing during the whole film.
4. As I couldn't go out without risking a broken leg or rather a hip in my age, I took the opportunity and did back ups and other neglected things on my computer. I also had to write a few private emails and worked a little on my blog book, but it goes very slowly ! I don't want all posts to be printed so the selection takes time.
5. Our painting group was rather small because quiet a few had to stay home because they had catched a cold, no wonder with this wet and cold weather. I nearly finished my surrealistic painting, which is not so my cup of tea, but our teacher wanted us to paint this style. And tomorrow starts another kind of painting, all rooms in our house will be repainted.