5 Nov 2010
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Monday morning I woke up with a stone in my heart ! I realized that I was in my own bed at home, with a little fur piece at my side which was cat Rosie. I opened the stores and saw ... fog ! I couldn't even see my neighbor's house ! No sea and blue sky anymore !
2. I had to unpack my suitcase squatted during the night by cat Pookie. While I did this I was supervised by Rosie laying happily on my unmade bed ! As it was cold outside Arthur warmed himself on the radiator.
I realized that in the two weeks of holidays, the nature had changed. My green looking entrance looks now so colorful, but probably in a week it will rather look naked !
3. After having done the laundry and checked what remained in the fridge, I sent Mr. G. for shopping, I didn't want to go out, I was still with one foot in Egypt and felt nostalgic. My friend Dominique who just lives next door and who was with me had the same feelings and came over for a cup of tea so that we could share our souvenirs !
4. Finally I decided that I needed new slippers for the winter and for the first time I went out after 3 days of "isolation" ! I found some cute soft dark red slippers, which rather look like little ballerina shoes.
5. I finally accepted that I had to wear thick clothes again, I really don't have the choice and also that the daily routine has me back. And to celebrate this I cooked for the first time since two weeks, I made scampis with grilled vegetables and like rice looking pasta.
I also noticed that I still can drive my car !