more participants here
As you may know I am actually in Northern Italy on holidays. Yesterday I visited Venice.
13 things I noticed in Venice
1. Last time I had been in Venice was in 1971. The Piazza San Marco was full of tourists
2. Yesterday I was standing on the same place and even in June it was still full of tourists
3. The place didn't look so nice because there were lots of advertising pannels from
Casanova's prison renovated by Sisly
4. even the prison where Casanova was was surrounded by advertising. I couldn't see very much
5. The prices on this place are more for people with a big bank account. One small little Italian espresso only for 10 to 15 € ! Imagine you are 4 like we were.
5. You are not allowed to eat or drink on the place. (you could have brought your own pic nic)
6. Everywhere you go you have to use your feet or a boat.
7. For everything we use a motor vehicle here you use boats. Ambulance,taxi, police, garbadge, transport of food, bus boats etc.
8. If ever you intend to be romantic and use the Gondola, the "Gondoliere" who paddles you through the canals is not romantic at all. You pay 15 to 20 € per person. It all depends how luxious outfit of the boat.
9. But this is the tourist staff. We did it different, thanks to my Italian friend who knows Venice lilke her purse
10. We walked through little side streets, over little bridges, saw the beautiful old houses with a lot of flower decorations
11. We found a very cute little restaurant where you could eat in the garden. The food was delicious and the price very democratic, for a whole menu we only payed 14 € (1$ is a little more)
12. We had sphagettis with seafood, in a delicious sauce, grilled different fish with salad and an Espresso.
13. All in all we had a wonderful day, but you really have to be very careful, sometimes they try to cheat on "stupid" tourists. With us they didn't dare, because we spoke Italian.