9 Apr 2009

THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Egg quotes

Photobucket
More participants here

As Easter is approaching here are

13 quotes about eggs

1. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.

2. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked

3. When arguing with a stone an egg is always wrong

4. Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she laid an asteroid.

5. The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.

6. Although I cannot lay an egg, I am a very good judge of omelettes

7. Every hard-boiled egg is yellow inside

8. When you feel neglected, think of the female salmon, who lays 3,000,000 eggs but no one remembers her on Mother's Day

9. The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.

10. For workaholics, all the eggs of self-esteem are in the basket of work.

11. Eggs have no business dancing with stones

12. Love and eggs are best when they are fresh

13. Some people think that doctors and nurses can put scrambled eggs back into the shell

17 comments:

  1. Great idea for a list. My 13 is posted. Have a terrific Thursday.

    This is a super 13....I love the quotes Gattina

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'love and eggs are better when they are fresh'..i simply love this quote and will remember it...ha ha. thanks for popping in to visit my blog and i am now holding thumbs for you to be a grandma soo..any hope?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you win the most creative award for the 13 in my book. :)

    Only 1 week until we visit Amsterdam and Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Happy Easter egg hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is #3. Eggs are a superfood. I eat them everyday. Try not to get "egg on my face."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I absolutely LOVE #2!!! That is truth in an eggshell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like nos. 2 and 12 or was it 11 about love and eggs being fresh. quite true :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mother's Day/salmon quote is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm total ok with "Love and eggs are better when they are fresh"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been in the hen house when a chicken made a lot of noise over the egg she laid. It turned out to be the smallest one I picked up that day. Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, we had hard boiled eggs with sliced heering, in portsaucage on top- On our Sandwiches.

    I'm happy to hears you had a great meeting with Diane.

    Then a correction about how long the Sun can be seen here in Oslo at the darkest:
    From about 9:15 Am until about 3:15 Pm.
    hehe - about 6 hours. But it's dark, unless the nature is covered with white snow.

    btw. Did you read Ghee's post:
    http://www.akoni.info/?p=690#comments

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quotes. I really like #8.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummmmmmmm, I love eggs!! Great list. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gattina, very cute egg quotes. #4 is my favorite. Happy TT and Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. #5 is fantastically funny!!! - I think you would like our T13 this week.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !