4 Mar 2009
THURSDAY THIRTEEN -
more participants here at new THURSDAY THIRTEEN
In my painting group we were talking about grandchildren. Some had a few once, some already very "old" once and some none yet. This gave me the idea to this Thursday Thirteen.
13 quotes about grandchildren
1. Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy - the mother”
2. It's funny that those things your kids did that got on your nerves seem so cute when your grandchildren do them”
3. Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born”
4. Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old.”
5. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children.”
6. Grandchildren don't make a man feel old ... it's the thought that he's married to a grandmother.
7. “Our children are not going to be just "our children"-they are going to be other people's husbands and wives and the parents of our grandchildren.”
8. “Never have children, only grandchildren.”
9. Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends - and hardly ever our own grown children.”
10. Just when a couple is able to afford to go out evenings, they're too busy babysitting with their grandchildren”
11. By the time most of us can really afford to have children, we are having grandchildren.
12. The nice thing about grandchildren is that you aren't too busy supporting them to have time to enjoy them
13.Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation