10 Jan 2008

SHOW & TELL - FRIDAY FEAST


Kelli is hosting SHOW & TELL. If you wish to participate please go to her blog.


Today for "Show and Tell" I want to show you three pictures of my cat collection. I think I can go on for a while with that because I must have around 400 items by now !



These are two cats my son offered me for my birthday, he had bought them in Egypt. They are very heavy because the blue one is out of Lapislazuli and the other one in Malachite.



another gift from my son, cats carved in a piece of wood



and a very old metal box from 1890 which my neighbor offered me. She had got it from her Grandma.




Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?
My middle name is short. Never thought about changing it. It only appears in my passport and is never used anyway.

Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most? No idea, I am glad I am not, I don't want to be killed like Versace !

Salad
What is your least favorite chore, and why?
I don't have favorite chores ! And anyway if a chore is coming up I would wait until it is not my favorite anymore.

Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?

Besides spiders nothing really frightens me and this problem is solved too, because when a spider dares to visit my house cat Pookie immediately takes care of it and it doesn't have a long life ! I only put her in the same room with the spider close the door and after some rumblings I open the door, the spider has disappeared and Pookie leaks her whiskers !


Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.

I am sitting on a chair, I see an unmade bed decorated with cat Rosie and my screen of course with this intellectual questions !





34 comments:

  1. Your main course is funny. :) Thanks for giving me an idea on how to kil spiders. I hate crawling insects especially flying cockroaches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on your soup! Nice feast here:)My feast is up as well;-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Isn't it funny that 'spiders' seem to be a very popular main course?

    Mine's up as well, link is here.

    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make me laugh! I want a pookie to catch all my spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always answer the FF questions with such wit, so it's always a great read (Versace, haha)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I will admit, I use my laptop in my recliner! I'm just a lazy wanker, I guess... Truthfully, I have arthritis between my shoulder blades and cannot sit for long!
    I like your ideas about "chores."
    My husband does Pookie's killing for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was a kid I was terrified of spiders, like screaming when they dropped from the ceiling to in front of my face. They liked to bite me a lot. Thankfully, now I have gotten to where I just really really dislike them. When I have to crawl under my home in that tiny area where I know there are spiders I am very very uncomfortable and not happy. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoof! Good feast Gattina. Tasty bits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feast - I would never be a fashion designer either. Happy Friday.

    Oh, BTW, I've tagged you. Don't worry if you don't have time to do it - I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lapislazuli cat is gorgeous! they are all pretty items but I love that blue stone :)

    What is your least favorite chore, and why? Something is wrong here, lol!
    Happy Friday, I need to borrow Pookie one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops, I should learn how to read, I thought they were asking about a favorite chore :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We still don't know your middle name, Gattina. Come on, don't be shy. You see, by not telling you've only made me more curious...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gattina!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday...hubby and I were so busy I didn't find any time!

    Now as for your Show N Tell today...all I can say is WoW!!!!! I absolutely LOVE the blue Egyptian cat. That is amazing. Looks like blue lapis...is it?

    Gorgeous, I would enjoy seeing much much more of your cat collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gattina, Just Popped in to wish u a happy new Year.
    Main course. Oh I hate Spiders, Opps im getting called still got visitors be back visiting regulary very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gattina, you have some beautiful cat sculptures along with beautiful real live cats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. spiders give me the shivers, too ... I've got to get me a cat that kills spiders! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cartoon is funny! And yes, that last question was sooo intelligent. ;) But I answered it anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah... poor Gianni Versace... :(

    Great feast! Have a lovely weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the box with the cat design carved into it. Such rich detail!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great feast and cute cartoon! Pookie sounds handy to have around! :) Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love your cat collection pictures and the comic is great! Also your Friday Feast is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A Lapis cat. That has to be just beautiful!!!! All are nice but I'd love to see the lapis one :o)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't be offended now...but all my cats live in the barn! *U*

    ReplyDelete
  24. You didn't tell us your middle name!
    How nice to have a pookie to catch any spder intruders!

    Thanks for visiting. Happy feasting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My cat Goku tried to get the last spider we saw. But we had to give it to my pet turtle Lenny. I'm with Mel - the flying cochroaches have really freaked me out.

    I love your lapis and malachite cats! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Responding to your show and tell---Love those statues!!! and the carving---beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gattina,
    The metal box is amazing! How wonderful that you were gifted it. But who better than a cat lover...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think you must like cats. How could I tell? You have just teased us with the beginning of your large collection. I will look over your site for a photo of you live cat or cats.
    Kathy b a cat lover too

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are unique cat items, I hope you'll continue to share your cat collection.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  30. What wonderful gifts, the cats are great keepsakes!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute post.
    My cat would really like your blog.
    -Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely Cats:) Your Feast was fun to read.

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooo I love cats too.

    They are gorgeous. Now I'm coveting!

    ☆*´Sarah`*☆

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !