1 Oct 2007

DESKTOP MEME & MANIC MONDAY

I have been tagged by our Dackelprincess Maribeth for this really interesting meme. As a curious person I want to see as many desktops as possible, because I think it also tells you something about the person.

This tag meme was started by Ronnie. You’ll find the post where he started the whole and with further instructions if you like to participate here.

And as today is Manic Monday and the word is "Orange" I thought I put my desktop in orange for the day. The picture also makes me sleepy as it has to be on Mondays.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketclick
The result is here

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketclick


Normally my desktop looks like this, blue with my cats of course I couldn't put something else ! The icons on my screen are only the once I really need every day.


Now I have to tag some other "victims" and hope that they haven't been tagged yet, because the number of tagged people are increasing every day.

Dear friends, if you wish please show us your desk top !

Flip Flop Sandy, Puss-in-boots Robyn, Toni, Mar, The dust will wait (for) Pamela

I am curious about the results !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

MANIC MONDAY - ORANGE


MANIC MONDAY LINK



When I saw the word orange for today, I first wondered what had inspired Mo ? Had he eaten an orange in the morning which was sour, or saw an orange cat ? Never mind for me the word is easy. My whole house is full of orange (not oranges). It looks like if I like this color ! But I only noticed it today while I was thinking about something to write. First I thought about the first orange I ate in my life, but can't remember when it was. Probably once at Christmas when I was already 8 or 10 years old because oranges were something very special just after the second world war. It was already difficult to get some decent coffee, sweets or chocolate.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketclick

But then I saw that my table cloth in the dining part of the living room is partly orange and also the flowers in the pot.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketclick


In my kitchen too, there is also a lot of orange


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketclick


and in Mr. Gattino's office an orange sofa is standing decorated by cat Lisa


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketclick

even the curtains in there are orange !

And when you see my Blog layout on the screen it's also dominated by orange !

I would be a perfect dutch citizen, because orange is the national colour of the Netherlands !




23 comments:

  1. beautiful orange decor! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do have a LOT of orange in your home, Gattina. Lovely. I don't have any. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoof.

    Lots of orange and not even a pumpkin here. Arf, arf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been invited to have pasta at your home and play with the cats but I already knew your house is predominantly decorated in orange, it is such a warm color, I like it too!

    Maribeth tagged me with the desktop too, it is indeed a fun meme! thanks for thinking of me and hate to disappoint you but I use the stink langweilig/incredibly boring Windows XP theme, otherwise I get lost and can't find my icons!!

    I like your feline desktop.
    ^-^
    And now pls excuse me, I have to leave to the Garda Lake (and I actually have a new post today !)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have a lovely cats, and I love your desktop. Thanks for sharing that with us

    Also thanks for visiting my blog to see my desktop and comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for visiting my blog
    its an interesting meme isnt it
    i love your desktop especially in blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange is a good color. The month of October is usually orange. I pull out all my orange stuff in October. But you'll see on my blog that Pink is the color for October this year.
    I've always enjoyed the bright colors in your house. They look alive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my girls were little, I painted their bedroom the color of orange sherbet. It was very cheerful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your desktop! I love cats too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should try to figure out how to do my ibook desktop, but it really is a mess.

    Your house looks very cheerful! I love that couch and it would have looked cool in my orange bedroom when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it amazing what we don't really notice until we take time to slow down and think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First, I love your desktops, and I love the sofa! It looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay I will get my desktop picture up in just a few minutes. Thanks for tagging me...I always have fun with these!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm wondering if this comment is going to work... for some reason GoGGLe BLooGer will not let me sign in -- even though I never signed out!

    My screen is up this morning too - LC got me! You've already seen it...

    You DO like orange ... a LOT... don't you! This is gOOd! It's a very bright CHEERFUL color -- and when I come to visit your whole home will match my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gattina, love the Desktop meme and the MM post. Your house is ready for Autumn! Lovely! Come visit me at my post...:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi! thanks for doing the tag. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Gattina, I've been visiting a lot of the meme desktop sites also. There are some really great ones. Glad you stopped by, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your desk top view! Such cute kitties!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a bright and cheery home!
    happy MM to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too love orange. It's a awesome color and I like all the orange you have shared with us. Have a great MM Gattina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really a lots, lots of orange yes! Love the desktop, both of them even if the orange seems warmer and much more cozy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oah Gattina,

    You have a very affluent heart and life. I love your desktop very very much~!!!! It's fall of love~!
    Thanks for doing the meme~!

    And, I love all of your orange deceration, that is very good taste of Autumn look~! I feel like warm and safe when I look these~!!!

    You are very kind sharing all of this for us~!! And I am happy to know your friends love Adan's paw print~!

    Thanks~!

    Sincerely yours,
    michico

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your desk top ...both!
    Amo sus dos salvapantallas!


    ```````````´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶7´´´¶7´´
    ´´``````````´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´``´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´
    ¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´
    ´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´´¶¶.´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´
    ´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´
    ´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´
    ´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶´´´
    ´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶´´
    ´´´´´¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶´
    ´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶¶¶´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶´
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !