21 Aug 2007

WEEKLY COMPILED NEWS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Now I know why there are so poor news about royals ! They are all on holidays ! I just read that the Spanishs are in Mallorca, Frederic and Mary somwhere in Denmark at Grasten Residence. No idea where that is, but with the bad weather in the Northern countries why don't they go south ? Maybe not enough money. Yes that's it.

What read I here ? Our king is worried. Since two and a half months poor Belgium is without government. Since the elections, they only found a prime minister but are fighting to put up a government. Don't ask me how that can happen I think it's the only country in the world who has such a strange system. In fact the flemish speaking politicians don't agree with what the french speaking want and the other way around. So the king plays the role of a brave father trying to settle fights between his children. Poor man, I think he has sleepless nights and headaches even without wearing his crown.

The Queen is refusing to fly the Union Jack flag at half mast to mark the tenth anniversary of Princess Diana's death later this month. Again !! She has done this already 10 years ago and nearly risked her thrown, maybe she now wants Charles on it ??

Chelsy Davy, Prince Harry’s girlfriend, had an emergency operation on Wednesday to remove her appendix. Now that's really important for the world's future !

And that's again all for the royals.

But here !! Wow ! A Ferrari dated from 1963, belonging to late Steve McQueen has been sold for 2.3 million $ at Christie's ! and Mr. Gattino missed to buy it, that's a shame. It was bought by somebody who wants to remain anonymous. Our garage will remain empty. Sigh*

Half of dogs and cats in the UK are now overweight, according to the RSPCA. Horrible, now the poor animals too have to go to a fitness club and eating vegetables ! I don't agree ! it's much better to be fat and happy then starving and unhappy !

600 persons posed naked in Switzerland in front of a glacier to demonstrate clima changements and global warming ! Thanks god I wasn't there 600 naked horrors for a good cause !

A woman in Australia has been killed by her pet camel after the animal may have tried to have sex with her ! I like the word "may" in this sentence ! Isn't that romantic ? Only the poor woman died of the ardor of her camel in love ! Sad, sad.

An orthodoxe priest, married and father of two children will be on trial in Greece. Very jalous because he suspected his wife being the neighbor's lover he had cut the brakes of his car and thrown a molotov cocktail inside. Fortunately the neighbor in question has not been hurt, the attacks were discovered in time. Now I better understand why the pope doesn't want that priests get married !! They only are jalous about the lover of their mistress and that's not the same.

A bat found roosting in a phonebox in Cornwall. The poor lady who wanted to call her friend was quiete surprised to see a bat hanging there instead of the phone. It's a shame these things never happen to me, I only would find a fat spider.

I hope your general knowledge is improved by now !

7 comments:

  1. LOL, I had only read about the Spanish royals in Mallorca, the public opinion would be horrified if they decided to go somewhere else outside Spain in the summer for a change...
    I once (about 4 years ago) found a bat on my barbecue...before we started the fire, of course! I sent Mr 19 to check out the health conditions of the little bat, I thought the bat was sleeping but instead we had a burial...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What interesting news! Again, no mention of any of this in our newspaper! I should complain. We pay for that paper and there's nothing entertaining in it.

    Ah, bats has been in the news recently. one of my card making chat groups found one in her bedroom. Apparently lost in the house. it escaped, but she was frazzled!

    Vacations! Ah, the royals can have Spain. I am not that adventurous. I prefer South Florida and London, where I can at least figure out what's happening around me! LOL

    Thanks for the worldly update! D :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your references to "the Royals" is never very clear. I assume the Queen you refer to is the Queen of Canada and GB. and not the Belgium Queen.

    What if the "appendix" was really an unwanted pregnancy? Now there is a juicy story to spread!

    Camels must be interesting beasts. I remember a story of a Saudi getting caught having sex with his camel.(Apparently he loved his camel). In the end, they killed the camel as it was declared "unclean".(unfit for human consumption) I would say the camel owner was not all that clean either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yessiree ---would Mr. Gattino and me love to have Steve's car! But, since his garage is empty, I'll let him bid higher and he can have it. [aren't I the most generous?] Cutting brake lines? Whoa....what jealousy would do!! And bats in the BELLphone? Lordy....just what inquiring minds wanna know!!

    You missed a little message to you at my blog this morning...the post underneath the first one.

    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. *deep sigh* ... I DO hope Mr. Gattino recovers from his severe depression soon. I didn't know he was such a fan of Steve McQueen!

    I wonder if the woman was feeling arduous as well toward the camel? Probably not... the creatures SPIT you know... ew!

    I wonder did Bat-Woman get a picture and BLOG about it? Well... that's what the rest of us would have done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, now the german news also gave me some interesting tidbits, i can add it to your royal news - prince harry and his girlfriend are engaged! and probably prince william is probably asking his girlfriend to marry him too. so it would be a double royal wedding!! what would the queen do?
    of course i don't believe this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coucou Gattina!
    J'ai lu quelque part qu'une princesse belge avait ouvert une école où l'enseignement consiste à apprendre à discuter avec les anges! 500 euros le semestre. Et toutes les places sont déjà prises pour le prochain semestre!
    Réalité ou gag?!
    Moi j'apprendrais bien à discuter avec les anges pour connaître le prochain loto national ou mieux européen! de quoi être tranquille pour plusieurs générations!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !