27 Mar 2024

HODGEPODGE MARCH 28

1.What do you love about your life right now? 

As my life has changed completely since Rick's death, I've gained a bit of mental balance since I've been living in my "castle". I love my large room, which is very cozy and shows visitors how you can combine a room as a living room and bedroom. This is my cave where I retreat when I want to be alone.

Then I love the huge beautiful park where you can walk and sit on the benches, to rest if needed or to watch the birds, or just empty your mind.

The social life we have here, there are no visitor hours, I can go out and come back when I want, and each afternoon we have an activity, playing darts, bowling, cards or mental word games. It is so nice that the son of my 99 year old friend comes every day just to play with us because he gets bored at home, and his wife is happy to have 2 h "off". Same for the daughters of two other ladies, and even the 4 year old great grandson adores to play with us. Dogs are also allowed often these are very big once and very friendly. I have noticed that I don't like to go out anymore, I feel secure and at home here.


My room

The games

 
 
The park

 
2. March 26th is National Spinach Day...are you a fan? If so, how do you like yours prepared/served? 
 
I like the spinach in the Italian kitchen and there are so many recipes ! Here are 3

Canneloni
Penne with ham and spinach in a white sauce

Spinach with salmon in a creme sauce

I often made a plate with spinach and pasta when we had guests, because it's not so well known here.

3. In this current season would you say you need to spend more time looking inward or that you need to get out of your head? Tell us why. 

I prefer not to look inward, that makes me sad. Out of my head is difficult, but maybe better.

4. Are you following the 'March Madness' madness? (That's US college basketball in case you're out of the loop) What's something that feels like actual madness to you right now? 

Not very original, but it's the weather ! It makes me mad, one day it's cold, one day its warm,  one day it rains, one day the sun shines ! It's a real potpourri you never know how to dress ! I only know basketball because my son and now the grandson play. But I don't know the rules.

5. How will you celebrate the Easter/Passover holiday this year? 

There is an Easter egg hunting for family and friends of the residents here in the park of our castle. That will certainly be fun, old and young together ! My son and grandson will come and hunt eggs !  They will take their dog along, of which I only have seen pictures. 

 


 

here she is still a baby, now I think she is 6   month old and already very tall !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I am happy that I start to feel much better and hope that I will continue like that.



8 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you love your life in your 'castle' so much. :-) Canneloni is probably my favorite dish with spinach in it. Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passover here is a long holiday for the grandchildren who are still doing high school
    So I will look forward to having them all for dinner and asking about reading their set English novels, preparing for maths exams and practising speaking in Hebrew. Their parents will thank me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that visiting is so relaxed and that pets can visit too. It's really important that the generations mix - there's benefit in that for everyone. Enjoy your Easter egg hunt:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light that comes into your apartment is lovely. How nice that your family will visit over Easter and that you are feeling so settled and healthwise better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks wonderful. As you say it is so spacious and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room with its two large windows ,looks lovely! You've clearly made the very right choice with this civilized, nice, comfortable facility. Enjoy Easter egg hunt with your son and grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have found your place!! Your room is pretty iwth the sun shining in. Yum, those recipes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you've found a warm spot to call home. I hope you had a wonderful day with your son and grandson and the pup too!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !