18 Jan 2008

SHOW & TELL - FRIDAY FEAST


MAKING A BAND (or rather a CD cover), the Band meme and Blogroll are here








Show and Tell at Kelli's

On the request of several blog friends I continue showing my cat collection. Today I show you my wooden cats. I received them all over the years from either our son or Mr. Gattino. For Christmas, birthday, and motherday, for them it was easy to find a gift for me. As my son pointed out : "at least for that you are easy" !











Instead of Mr. Linky use this :














Appetizer
What is your favorite beverage?

I always drink Karkade hot or cold with or without ice. It is a tart, bright-red hibiscus beverage. It is very popular in some parts of the Middle East (especially North Africa). This drink is said to have been consumed in ancient Egypt and was reputedly a preferred drink of pharaohs. (That's why I drink it) In Egypt and Sudan, wedding celebrations are traditionally toasted with a glass of hibiscus tea. I mix it with orange juice when it is cold or with lemon and honey when it is hot. But in fact you can mix it with everything. If you drink it pure it tastes a little sour.

Soup
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.

For instance there is my cat Rosie sitting on my desk which takes the view of all other things that may be there.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?

What this question again ? I haven't improved or got worse since the last time I am still on 10. You see from my answer how honest I am.

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?

Why on earth would I want to change the name of a city ? It was already difficult to find names for my 5 cats !

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?

I erased the word "Stress" in my vocabulary since I am not working anymore. And nothing calms me down because I only run at high speed !

and for those who suffer stress :



31 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina ~~ Good answers to your Feast. I like the saying, "'m too blessed to be stressed."
    I hope you are quite over the bronchitis by now. Our weather has been quite nice around 30C and that is fine. Any warmer and I complain.
    Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work is a huge stress! I wish I didn't have to! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about the other 'link' part you have for your Show N Tell...but I wanted to leave a comment anyway, so followed the whole blog until I dropped down to the 'comment post'.

    Wow, Gattina, the cats are beautiful!! I love the one on top of your hutch that is lying down [on the right hand corner].

    Awesome.

    My show n tell is posted. I'd love to have you visit me today. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by my feast, sometimes a hammer be useful, just a small light one though! I like your feast. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feast! Love your Main Course. My cat, Leo, was known as Thing for the first week I had him. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - I forgot to say - you have an award waiting for you at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gattina , What a lovely collection of cats you have. My Daughters Siamese cat is called "Rosie jane".Love all your answers to your feast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I did not FEAST again today - for I remembered already answering ALL of those questions before! But I liked YOUR answers just the same!

    And your kitties are GREAT! You DO have some REALLY good ones! I love the cartoonish black ones sitting on the table. I actually ALMOST bought myself one like not long ago ... but then... you know... we NEVER buy things like that for OURSELVES!!! LOL! I do admire them though. I also like all the ones around the fireplace! So sweet! And beautiful!

    I am loving and hating this morning! I took Sanni's tag from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you cat collection, I'm impressed. Come by and share a giggle at my grand daughter enjoying her first birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wooden cats are all so varied and unique. It must be fun to shop for you with this theme in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those wooden cats are all very unique, nice collection! I'm glad you are continuing to show your cat collection.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. you crack me up -- and that stress head banging bit would probably crack something to.


    Cool new link gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never heard of your favorite drink! I'll have to shop around to see if I can find it in our specialty stores!

    I love your cat collection..they are awesome. I've always been drawn to the wooden cats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your cat collection. I have one too, although it's all confined to the top of my kitchen shelves.

    I may try to participate on a Tuesday sometime. THanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm that's an exotic and interesting beverage :)

    Maybe I should serve it at my own wedding!

    Happy Feasting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The drink you mention sounds really interesting...I wonder if there is somewhere in the US I could find it to try! And I LOVE your stress reduction technique. *headdesk* Happy weekend!

    I'm up now, too: Friday Feast #10

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute wooden cat collection. I adore cats! ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool post! I'm so printing the form...

    Mine is here.

    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm enjoying seeing all your cat collections. They are all so different.
    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a neat cat collection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gattina, I hope it's alright to comment here about Show and Tell...more of your great cats! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I think you are definitely a cat fan! Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is just an amazing cat collection! love the wooden one up top.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your wooden cats collection! They're beautiful.

    I also like your stress reduction kit. Too funny! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I enjoyed your feast today! Lucky you with no work stress!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great cat collection, love them all

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have such a wonderful cat collection, Gattina!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cats are so fun! I love visiting your blog.
    -Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your cats are so fun! I love visiting your blog.
    -Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cats are so fun! I love visiting your blog.
    -Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cats are so fun! I love visiting your blog.
    -Cookie

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !