7 Aug 2024

HODGEPODGE AUGUST 8

1. What's a task you do on a regular (or semi-regular basis) that feels like it should be an Olympic event ?

I have no clue, because all I do is not for the Olympics, and on top I am not interested at all in these games !

2. What's in the trunk of your car right now? 


 Shopping bags, breakdown triangle, a yellow signal vest and a blanket

3. Summer foods vs. fall foods...which do you prefer? Would you rather-watermelon or caramel apple? iced coffee or pumpkin spiced latte? potato salad or sweet potato casserole? barbecued ribs or roast turkey? ice cream sandwich or apple pie? corn on the cob or candy corn?

Without hesitation summer foods ! I love watermelon they are so refreshing, ice coffee and potato salad, but roasted turkey (I don't like ribs) of course a lot of ice cream and fresh corn.



4. August 7th is National Lighthouse Day. Have you visited any lighthouses? Do you have a favorite? Is a lighthouse something you seek out if you're visiting an area known for theirs? 


 Lighthouse at Beachy Head / England

I love lighthouses they are so romantic ! I have visited a few in the UK and also in Belgium.

5. Light at the end of the tunnel, out like a light, give the green light, a lightbulb moment, in a new light, in the limelight...of the 'light' idioms listed which applies in some way to your life lately? Explain. 

 

I will choose light at the end of the tunnel. I am probably stuck in the middle and see only a little light at the end, but at least I can see the end from far

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I had a little relapse with the end of the tunnel. My last friend who connected me to my old life is dying, I can't get that out of my head. I'm waiting for the bad news, but life goes on.

Nicole and I in Egypt

 

 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope happy memories of time spent together ease your sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend. I can understand how painful it must be to lose someone close to you. I lost two of my very best friends, and I think of them often. As I've grown older, I've come to realize that these difficult events are a part of life and, at this stage, will be happening more. While the pain is undeniable, I try to focus on the happy memories rather than dwelling on the sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer summer foods, regardless of which time of the year it is. Summer foods are fresher, lighter, oil free, fewer calories and juicier. So for tea tonight, we will have grilled fish, a tomato and cucumber salad, and carrots and peas. Then sliced peaches and pears. Not bad for mid-winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Nicole's passing will be peaceful. Cherish your memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course, she was part of my life !

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your friend. You've always spoken so warmly about her. Hold onto your happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the news of your friend. I was just told another classmate has passed. Having that best in your car is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !