21 Oct 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Monday I filled in my empty fridge. In less than a month I don't have shopping to do anymore ! Hurray ! For that at least I won't miss Rick who loved doing shopping ! The whole afternoon interrupted by a few phone calls, I put my new photos in new folders and then watched a bit TV. Outside it rained ! It was necessary for once because it was a long time it hadn't rained.

Now each day I have a little look through my clothes and shoes, to decide what I would give away and what I would take with me. I felt like a hoarder when I looked through my shoes.  Ladies are supposed to love shoes and collect them, I don't care about shoes and am only too lazy to throw them away. Therefore I found 2 pairs of boots exactly the same, only in one was a hole. Shoes which had become antiques and 4 pairs of the same color, but not in a good shape anymore.

This was a a reason to go shoe shopping the next day, and I was lucky I found a black and a beige pair which at least were new, and they fit. After that I visited Nicole who was busy with painting, they had a painting class. Some of them were really good, the others painted wooden pegs in green. I asked  why in green, and it was to hang photos on a grid. 

And finally to end the week and start my move, Momo the young man who will move my furniture into "my castle" and then empty the apartment, arrived and we went to the retirement home. He measured every corner, had very good ideas and made a plan how everything will be installed. 

I was very happy with the result, because everything I wanted to take along I can ! There is enough room, in fact it will look like my living room here only with a bed, but that I can cover with the cover which actually hides the old armchair which Rosie is squatting, and there is also room for her basket just behind the bed, so she can hide when somebody comes she doesn't like.

Google is mad again, I can't download pictures, have to sign in each time into Firefox or Google Chrome and get crazy.



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. A number of people have been finding problems with their internet. No-one seems to know why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever seen real hoarders on tv? They are so obsessed with holding on to EVERY item that ever came to the house, they would happily give up their family and friends instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your move is going well!! Glad to hear you could find some replacement shoes. I used to LOVE shoe shopping but now I'm giving so many pairs away! I just don't need all of these choices any longer. hahah

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose it costs extra to have such attention from a removalist, but it sounds well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be very pleased that you can take all the furniture you have planned on taking. No more food shopping or cooking is a wonderful thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the planning for your move is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My problem right now is having to write comments twice on some blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !