19 Oct 2023

HODGEPODGE OCTOBER 19

1. What's something small you tend to sweat even though you know you shouldn't? 

2. October 17th is National Pasta Day...do you like pasta? What's your favorite? Cooked at home or eaten in your favorite Italian restaurant? How often do you make/eat pasta? 

That's a question for me ! I was married 54 years with an Italian and my MIL and him were excellent cooks. They made plates which probably you never find in a restaurant. So we ate mostle pasta, and not a lot of potatoes, in Italy the potato is considered as a vegetable.

3. Do you consider yourself a spontaneous person? Explain. People who know me say that I am very spontaneous person !

I needed filters for my extractor hood and came out of the shop with a television that which had a very reasonable price. Rick's eyes almost popped out of his head.
 
I found my boarding school for oldies just because I was driving through the area and suddenly found myself in front of a castle that was a retirement home! I went in, looked around and decided that here I want to stay until the end. I signed in straight away and got a wonderful room with a view on the whole park. Yes,  I act first and think later. These are only two examples. Rick liked these surprises, at least he didn't have a boring wife. 
 

 
4. Who are some of your heroes? Tell us why. 

Heros ? I don't know any hero these are mostly men who pretend to defend their countries, and follow the politicians who want a war but prefer to stay at home in their armchair. 

5. Let's wrap it up with something light...Taylor Swift...are you a fan? On a scale of 1-10 how much so? (1=who's Taylor?, 10=a true Swiftie, seen her in concert more than once). If you're a fan what's your favorite T. Swift song?

I have never heard this name, I had to google to know who she was. Apparently she is not known in Europe at least to me, never saw a movie and didn't recognize her face.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

As my move approaches and all the brain raking is done, I am just busy to prepare a "corner" for little Rosie and what I have to buy for her. Her scratching post is far to big and the litter box too. I also have to buy a collar, as she was not wearing one here in the apartment.







7 comments:

  1. Rosie will soon settle in your new home, I'm sure. Not long now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make one carbohydrate with each meal, mostly potato or rice, but pasta at least once a week. We never eat red meat so I make the pasta with everything else I can add in - cheese, tomato passata, peas, corn, mushrooms, small pieces of fish, green beans etc and a dollop of sour cream on top. Thank you to my late, beloved mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the USA, and everyone talks about Taylor Swift...um...not me!! I don't care much at all for 'popular' music, I listen to classical. So while I know her, I don't really at all, LOL!
    As long as she is with you, I do think Rosie will be content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor Swift...can't stand any of the modern people who think they can sing. They are way too political.
    Counting the days until your move!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your new home. A view of the park sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !