8 Jun 2023

HODGEPODGE June 8

 1. Tell me something you remember (or if you're not there yet, something you look forward to) about being 35.

At 35 I worked the whole day and had a little boy of 5 years old. I don't remember anything special, except that we were fully busy ! Despite that I liked cooking and we often had a lot of guests. And today I don't cook anymore I am on strike ! For me alone it's not worthwhile. 

2. Last time you 'burned the candle at both ends'? 

When Rick was diagnosed Parkinson and I had not only to take care of him but sell the house, the move and then as Rick got worse and worse finally find a retirement home for him, because he needed survey 24 h ! this lasted until he passed away. I think I burnt more than one candle on both sides.

3. Are you someone with the 'gift of gab'? Elaborate (which shouldn't be a problem if you answered yes teehee).  

Yes, I certainly am. You can put me in front of a room full of people and ask me to give a lecture on cauliflowers and I'll do it. (Although I don't know anything about cauliflowers)

4. Do you request a special meal on your birthday, and if so tell us what that meal is? Do you want the same kind of cake year after year or will any flavor work? Do you want cake at all? Growing up were birthdays a big deal in your house? Are they a big deal now? 

I never cared about food when I was a child and didn't eat cakes, I was not and am not a sweet girl ! I celebrated with my school friends, who ate the cake my mother had baked with pleasure ! Grown up we went for birthdays to a restaurant and I got a gift.  

5. 'Age is just a number.'..agree or disagree? Tell us why. 

The birth date in my passport doesn't fit at all with me as person ! I I'm still up for any foolishness or adventure. I get along much better with younger people than with those my age. But also with much older ones. I mean that you are as old as you feel and not the date  in your passport.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

After having been angry enough about my return flight and feeling better, all I can think about at the moment is the nice weather, sitting outside and reading. Problems should go to hell.


 

5 comments:

  1. I can talk if I have to - after all, i was a teacher and talked for a living, but by nature I'm a listener and a boring conversationalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caregiving is exhausting, but I am sure you are glad you were able to do that for your husband. I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. I am a talker usually, however I do find now, that I appreciate silence and sometimes just don't want to engage in conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being able to speak off the cuff as you mentioned is a gift that I never acquired. Small talk bores me. Thank goodness my husband takes care of that when we are together. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !