9 Jun 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Ever since I returned from my cruise I am not feeling well. The return flight which should have taken 2 h at the most, took finally 6 h waiting time and a stop in Frankfurt, Germany and we arrived at 1 am at home ! It took me nearly a week to recover from another cold, which I probably caught waiting in the airports. I think from now on I won't take a plane anymore only if it's impossible otherwise. I would rather take a train or a bus, I have time.

As it didn't get better I finally went to my Doctor. Now I have to go to a physiotherapist ! I am so fed up, I always had a very good health and wasn't sick before all my miseries happens. My Doctor, between the lines, told me that I am so fragile since Rieck's passing away, and I have to recover psychologically too. 

My friend Laura whose husband died a month ago came for a coffee and to admire my terrace.

She is in the same situation as I was last year, drowning in paperwork, despite a notary ! It's even worse because her husband was working for his own and not an employee. 

 My son had come for a day from Amsterdam and had cleaned the terrace and put a new carpet on it. I am very happy with the result ! As I once had complained that bottles are so heavy to carry, he did his shopping, and bought for me 6 crates of non-alcoholic beer and 3 with sparkling water. Now I have to drink certainly for a few months ! It was really nice of him. He is like his father or he buys not enough or for a whole army.


Even Rosie who during the whole winter didn't go out, loves the new "living room" and watches the birds from there.  My two neighbors came on Wednesday and as it was so warm, instead of buying a cake I had bought strawberries which tasted real good. But suddenly we had to carry everything inside as it started to rain. 

I am still struggling with my my papers to check and file and was looking for somebody to take care of this as I am not myself yet, I am afraid to make mistakes. Isabelle who solves all problems for me, proposed to do it for me and once everything is in order we will meet regularly and she will play my "secretary". Fortunately she checked my tax filing, because she found a paper in their which apparently I hadn't sent to the tax office to get quite  a lot of money back from Rick's last pension ! Maybe we will find more money !

When I wanted to take my car out of the garage I suddenly saw this car with a license plate painted in black and white strokes over the numbers. I hadn't noticed that before and thought, what the heck is that now, maybe a drug dealer who had hidden his goods here in our garage. 


 I informed the building administrator ! Maybe the car is stolen. Who knows. 

That was all what happened this week ! Aw yes I managed to take pictures from the Garda Lake, Rick's home on my television they are quite good, as if I had been there, but what it had changed !! I hardly recognized it; In 68 when I saw Torbole for the first time, it was a sleepy little village, and now it's known internationally for windsurf !!

 



As usual a cat never does what you want ! I only tried to make a nice selfie of the two of us !





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope you feel better soon - summer colds are no fun. I'm glad you've got some help with the paperwork - especially if it gets you some money back! I hope you can enjoy the weekend - we have lovely weather here now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard women say that they were in a brain fog for a year or so after their husbands died. It's such a big adjustment when the person closest to you is gone. I'm so glad your son came to help and Isabelle offered to do paperwork for you. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon - it's been more than long enough. Hopefully the warm sun will help.
    The car is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The village still looks nice. Good luck with finding more money owed to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you speedy recovery.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel well soon. Travel colds are no fun. Glad you have someone to help you with all the paperwork. It is overwhelming, for sure. Your terrace looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember once taking photos with a neighborhood cat who did much the same.

    When my father passed away in early April, two days later I got as sick as I've ever been. It wasn't Covid, it wasn't bronchitis or strep, but a cold that lingered for weeks. And it kept me away from the funeral.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !