9 Feb 2023

HODGEPODGE FEBRUARY 9

1. Something you've done recently that might be considered a labor of love? 

When we moved from our house into an apartment, I loved to do all the decoration and change style completely. When it was finished and I got a lot of compliments, it made me really happy.

2. What's one thing you love about being the age you are now? 

At my age (soon 80 only in my passport) I have the impression that we forward to the past ! Everything which was normal to me as a child, no shopping bags, no plastic, only organic food, the word didn't even exist, save water, lots of people didn't even have a bathroom, in short what young people think that all is a new invention, in reality it is the life when I started mine as a teenager. And what is called "organic" has only an organic price. 

3. What do you value more: careful planning or the freedom to be spontaneous? Elaborate.

I have never planned anything besides travels, because I had to do the reservations. Otherwise I don't think, I just jump into whatever pleases me. My dear husband never forgot one event and used it to describe me.

It was when I needed a new hood filter. Only the filters, nothing else. Therefore he was waiting outside in the car and when I got out I had the filters in my hand,  but I was followed by a young man cariing  a new TV much bigger than the one we had.  He loaded it into our car and Rick laughed his head off. He was not worried about the money because he knew that I was not one who would throw our money out of the window.  In fact the TV had a special discount !

4. A home cooked meal or a fancy restaurant? pink or red? watch the sunrise or watch the sunset? wine and cheese or champagne and chocolate? 

Now I don't cook anymore for me alone it is not worthwhile. I would prefer a fancy restaurant and eat all things I don't know, except roasted worms, insects or animals, but chicken and turkey and fish. 

I always loved red and many of my clothes are red and in our house the kitchen was red too with white elements.

I love both sunset and sunrise, and I can see spectacular once from my terrace on the 4the floor. Often I don't know if it's sunrise or sunset !  



5. What's your definition of romance? Are you a 'romantic'? 

Yes I am very romantic, unfortunately I won't show it, I am afraid of hurtful words. I like the smell of the forest, I love mountains and beautiful landscapes but also the desert, the sea, rivers 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have a viral bronchitis and no other thoughts in my mind  than to get well soon, as I want to go on a 3 day trip to France next week.

 

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the past becoming the present and pretending to be new. I hope you feel much better very soon and enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything old is new again so the saying goes : ) I do hope you're feeling better soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't cook, so my microwave gets a good deal of use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is a pretty color.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I are hope your bronchitis will not cause issues for that trip you are going on soon.

    I enjoyed reading all your answers! Too bad you are way over there in Belgium...I would love to meet you:)
    At least we can 'meet. this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at your organic comment. So true. I hope you're well enough to go on your trip next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. Your apartment looks great, and those pictures of the sky are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !