10 Feb 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

After my nice weekend, on Monday I tried to get up and go to the bathroom, but I had to sit down and catch my breath finally I managed to arrive there and it took me half an hour to to put on socks and my bathrobe. I couldn't breath. I don't panic easily, but too much was too much I managed to arrive in the living room and fell down on the sofa. I had to wait a long time it seemed to me until I could take the pone and call my doctor.

She promised to come right away after her consultations, meanwhile I had calmed down, ate my breakfast and as I didn't move, I felt quite normal. Opening the door when she came I couldn't speak and she followed me in the living. She checked me and took a blood sample. What I had was a viral bronchitis and this on my lung problems ! No wonder I was suffocating. She took the time to cheer me up she is really a great girl. She could be my daughter. 

My neighbor, also called Nicole went for me to the pharmacy which is right next door. What a chance I have; that all important shops are around me where you can walk to. The women my age here mostly can't drive, never learned it because the husband pretended they don't need it ! The old generation where I should belong too. But I have it always done my way ! Never become like my mother and be dependent on a man.

The whole week I spent the same way ! 


 watching the TV

I saw him in Brussels at the European Union asking for tanks, airplanes, etc it's a pity that the earthquake happened in Turkey and not over Russia and Ukraine. All these poor people who died one by natural catastrophe and the others because of two fighting cocks..

I had enough, being sick and only see the miseries of the world is too much. I preferred to watch wild animals, and listened to Elvis who reminded me my 13 years ! And the first record I bought.


 


I took the photos from the screen

 

Now I feel a bit better, I even managed to do the laundry. At least I can breath, but not walk correctly.

I had called my travel agency to cancel my trip to France, but it was too late. In normal times he would have reimbursed me, but his company too had a lot of losses because of the Corona crisis.

But he said I could go with him, since the excursions are all made by bus and I can sit down in a café when I can't follow. I'll try, every day it's a bit better I'll just wait until the last minute. And I really need to live and see other things. Otherwise I get crazy even more than I am already. And the only one who could calm me down and comfort me is not there anymore.

I am sorry if I am a bit slow in answering comments !



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better. You're lucky to get a home visit from your doctor. Very rare to get that here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get well enough to travel. My physical therapist says exercise is so important. Even relaxed, deep breathing. I try to stay away from news and watch other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW a doctor who does home visits. that does NOT happen here in the USA. Or at least not here in New York. You are blessed to have that!! I pray you are feeling better. Avoid the news...it's too depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Elvis, the king of the rock'n roll! To this day, I'm a fan of his voice and songs.
    Good thing you've got the essential shops close by. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you! Just take it easy and watch something amusing. Too much gloom and doom is not good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope you are feeling better now. You are truly fortunate to live walking distance to most the things you need. Nicole is a good neighbor.
    I do hope you will feel well enough to take your trip. I agree with the man in the office. Just go sit in a cafe. That's better than sitting at home.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you got ill, such bad timing. Nice of the travel man to try to help you still enjoy the trip.

    The world is in such a state of upheaval...I pray that it will calm down, that men can live peaceably with eachother, even if they differ on opinions. And that disasters will not happen so much if at all. May God help all those poor souls in Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a scary time. I'm glad the doctor was able to come and your neighbor was able to get medicine. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful lion.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !