5 Jan 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

 

This is the summary of the whole week ! 

 


On Monday when I woke up, I felt like I had been put through a spin dryer ! First thing I did was taking the thermometer to see if I had fever, but I had none. I took out all the medication I had against a flu and lay down on the sofa. I called Adeline next door and told her that I was out of work. Of course she asked me if I wouldn't need anything, but besides peace I didn't need anything. Then the two other neighbors called to propose their help and I was touched because I felt less alone. In these circumstances you think of all kind of things which could happen and I have no family here around. 

I remained in this state for two days, and then suddenly the Christmas decoration got on my nerves ! Slowly, slowly because I felt so weak I took it down and put it on the table where it stayed until yesterday !

God sign, because in the afternoon I put everything in two boxes, and wondered if I would use it next year. 

Now I am more then updated on the Meghan/Harry - William/Kate affair, thanks to my weakness, I was sentenced to a 12 h lasting TV session. I know that Charles treated badly Camilla and that he was bad tempered ! Before he was shy. Fortunately that this family exists, it's especially nice to follow when you think you are leaving this world forever, but then you have to stay because of the next chapter.

Princess Rosie was a bit worried not about me, but because of her, she probably thought she wouldn't get her food in time


 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. so the blessing in your week was some down time, the friendliness of your neighbors (how kind for them to offer help!) and the decor is now put away. I hope you're feeling much better this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've been sick! Hope you feel better soon. It's good you have friends nearby to check on you. We still have our Christmas decorations up--far longer than usual, but there has just not been time to do it so far. We were planning to this coming Saturday, but then our kids asked us to do something with them. We'll get to them eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you have friends checking on you. Glad you are feeling better. I still have to put away my village, but no rush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my waiting to be put away decorations are in my livingroom...soon I will box them up and store them away till next time.
    Sorry you got so ill...not a fun way to start off the new year...but its good to know that you have good friends to make sure you are alright, and to assist you if you would need it. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never good being under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you've been so unwell this week. Good to know your neighbours are there to check on you. I hope by now you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling fine now. Flu is not anyone's friend.
    It is good to hear that your neighbors are caring and watch out for each other.
    Rosie looks like she is quite well fed and cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our decorations are mostly still up, but many of them are lights and will remain to battle the dark days of January and February.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even in the midst of your not feeling well it was wonderful that you took the time to find the blessings of good neighbors and friends. I hope you are feeling much better by now. Sometimes the extra decor all of a sudden bothers me too and I want to get it put away fast! Glad you were able to find the energy to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !