18 Aug 2022

HODGEPODGE AUGUST 18

 1. August is National Back To School Month...how does that make you feel? Share a back-to-school memory. 

It makes me happy ! Finally normal life will begin again ! In Belgium school holidays last from 1st of July til  August 31, a long time. During this period the TV programs show "summer holiday programs, which means old to very old movies and the rest is junk on all channels, or for children. The construction companies are closed in July, so no new constructions etc. Lots of companies close in July others in August. Don't talk about administration, they sleep for 2 months in all services ! In my case it was awful because of the succession papers ! Or I got nothing or 3 times the same letter.

 2. Something you've learned in 'the school of life'? 

Yes, that I learned more in the school of life then in the real school, at least when I went to school in Germany, we were 80 little once in one classroom and 3 kids had to sit on benches made for 2. But I learned at least to read and write in primary school, under these conditions,  which when I see what is all done for the little once today, is a real miracle.  

 3. Three words to describe your current mood. 

 

 

Just like that

4. A summer food you've eaten too much of/are tired of? A summer food you haven't had enough of? 

I eat what I want in summer or winter and before I have had enough of something I change.

5. What small stuff do you sweat that you know you shouldn't? 

For the moment everything !

6. Insert your own random thought here

I am so fed up with all the administrations papers I still get for Rick's  passing away, although I handed everything over to a notary. But during the school holidays administration sleeps, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand does, so I get or nothing, or too much, or they ask me things which I have done already ! I thought it would get better since it is my notary who does it, but until this arrives in the administration people's mind it takes time ! Today the insurance company of my car asked me to send a wedding certificate to put the car insurance on my name and not to Rick's anymore ! And my car had been also insured by them, but I had sold it. Too lazy to look in the files ! I think I should sent them our wedding picture ! I told the guy that the insurance is payed and the next invoice they should put on his grave, the account nr. hasn't changed ! That made the guy laugh.




 

 PS. IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMENT ON THE HODGEPODGE Blog can't sign in not with Google and not with Atom !

If you have difficulties to comment, just scroll down to :
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) 
click on it and then you can comment ! 
 
I have the same on other blogs and it took me quite some time to find out ! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about all the hassle with the administration re Rick's passing. You really don't need all this. Hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Government administrative departments can be a nightmare to deal with. One of ours is chasing us for an overpayment we received for the kids going back to 2006-8. We disputed the amount back in 2007 and heard nothing then a couple of weeks ago they sent us a threatening letter about our "outstanding debt". Thankfully Hubby never throws official paperwork away so we still had all the info to send them - again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! You are still having all those issues with administrative junk, that seems it would just reopen all the wounds and grief you have.
    Good thing you have someone helping you...and still some sense of humor to make peeps you speak with laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything the government has it's hand in becomes difficult it seems. So sorry for your troubles. I hope things settle down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !