1 Apr 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

 It seems to me that each week I am writing the same things with little differences ! 

I started the week visiting Nicole, who wasn't well at all because it was the week after her monthly chimeo which she still has to continue. But she was happy that I came, apparently I am the only one who still calls every day and visits her at least once a week. Now she has difficulties to walk but her brain still is the same despite the cancer and she is quickly tired, but plenty of plans for travelling ! That's good that she can dream. 

With the so said friends it's the same with me, the whole group has disappeared. I am a bit disgusted about friendship, but fortunately there are still two on whom I can count, who didn't belong to the scrabble group.

I had taken an appointment with our doctor to get the results of my blood test, but she thought I wanted to talk about Rick so that we spent an hour talking about him and she really cheered me up. At the end I asked about my test results and she laughed, because she had forgotten but everything was OK I have no problems at all. 

Spring showed its nose and the trees start to become a bit green and the bushes too. How nice to look out of the window.

I visited Rick, he looks very well physically but he finds it increasingly difficult to speak and find the right words, making it impossible to have a conversation with him. I agree to everything and follow the change of things he wants to talk about, now after half an hour he is tired and wants to be alone. 

Our printer died and doesn't even do photocopies anymore and I badly need to do photocopies for the moment ! In normal times I need a photocopie once in the blue moon, but now with the health insurance I make copies for everything. My computer has also a problem it shuts down whenever I move it a bit and has become so slow that my son suggested me to buy a new one. After having done a market study about computers and printers I finally found both on promotion at Carrefour the supermarket, where I usually never would have looked. 


The printer is cute, compact and has everything I need and even photo printing ! It doesn't take much space. The computer is a HP 8go Window 10 I didn't want 11 although I could take it later. Now I have to install the whole thing. I hope it works, so far Rick had done all these things. 

The people in front of my terrace had their roof cleaned and I had home cinema ! Fortunately the man didn't fall down as he would have done probably in a movie !

in the evening the weather changed and dark clouds appeared.

and the next morning when I looked at the thermometer I stated that the temperature had dropped tremendously from 14°C to 0°C !!!

I got up and went into the living room and that's what I saw !!




In fact it happened a lot this week ! We went in 5 days from warm spring weather wearing T-shirts to winter wearing our winter coats already hidden in the wardrobes !




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

7 comments:

  1. I think the long doctor chat about Rick must have been helpful.

    Younger than you, friends have disappeared from our lives.

    We are soon to buy a new desktop computer. It will be a nightmare, I'm sure.

    In England roof cleaners put up scaffold and don't walk on the roof. They water jet the roof from a distance.

    Lovely snow photos. Maybe the last from you until next winter.



    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been back-and-forth here, too. We had six inches of snow a couple of weeks ago, then temperatures in the 70s, and now we're cold again.

    I'm so glad your test results were ok and your doctor was able to encourage you about Rick.

    It's so good spring is blooming all around.

    I'm glad you found a computer and printer at good prices. I hope the installation goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice compact printer. Sudden unexpected snowfalls in spring seem strange but happening in more places. Good health is a gift as time goes on, and having an hour of a physician’s time is golden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you have a friend in Nicole and I am sure she is very thankful for you, too.
    Watching people work on roofs is like watching a thriller movie.
    Good news from the doctor about your health. I am glad she encouraged you about Rick.
    Have a good and hopefully warmer weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw other bloggers in your part of the world mention the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We still have snow in high elevation.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spring weather looks like ours. A real mixed bag. New technology always stress me right out and my hubby is also the one that deals with all that. Hopefully you are able to catch on quickly and have it all ready to go in no time with no issues. Glad you're doctor took some time and let you talk about Rick and glad you got a good bill of health.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !