17 Feb 2022

HODGEPODGE FEBRUARY 17

1. February 16th is National Almond day...are you a fan? If so what's your favorite food item or recipe that contains almonds?

I am not really an almond fan, I prefer nuts. I like  icecream with pieces of nuts or a cake. With almonds nothing comes into my mind. 

2. Something you are currently 'nuts' about? 

Oh yes I like travelling and visit countries, I also love to stay 2 weeks for real relaxing days in "my" hotel in Hurghada/Egypt. Before the Corona Circus I had been  there each year and I would have gotten a free week because it was 10 times I stayed there always in November. Now since two years I couldn't go nowhere not only because of Rick's disease but also because of the different lockdowns in countries or cities, this virus is really super intelligent as it knows exactly where to go and stay and when it wants to cross the street,  it can't get in because there is no lockdown, but we can go out ! No wonder that people are getting crazy.

3. Something currently driving you 'nuts'? 

Yes !! and very much so ! the contradictory instructions to handle the Virus, the war between vaccinated and unvaccinated people ! The processions "For freedom" what has freedom to do with vaccinations ? There are lots of countries where vaccines are obligatory because they can kill you, nobody and complains and gets vaccinated. The argument "it's too new and we don't know the side effects on a long term" is not justified ether. People my age remember when the Polyo killed or crippled children in the 50th, as soon as a vaccin came out in 1954 we all got vaccinated, I was 10 years old.  Nobody cared about "side effects" ! If somebody refuses the vaccines it's his problem and choice. In Belgium they are not allowed to go to a restaurant, to the cinema, theatre in short nowhere. But they can stay home and not in a camp !

4. Something you recently bought for 'peanuts'? 

Yes a wireless mouse for 5 € (5.50 $)

5. Share a favorite quote uttered by any U.S. President ( if you're not an American, a quote made by the leader of your own country). 

The worst ever happened was that the Belgian prime ministre sang the French anthem instead of the Belgian one ! A journalist had asked him to sing ! That was quite a scandal !  I don't think that they ever said something special, at least I don't know.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I think that I am lucky to have learned years ago to handle and use a computer, because now you have to do everything yourself I wonder what the bank or administration employees are doing the whole day, as we have to fill in or sent money all by internet. The poor elderly people are completely lost !


 Rosie was ready to help me out with her mice ! 




6 comments:

  1. Ah, Rosie, always so very helpful!!

    I laughed at your #5! Oh dear, I bet he wanted to jump in a hole, LOL!

    We have a lot of controversy here too, about this virus mess...we want to stuff it in a cave and put a rock in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments about being computer literate are so true. I don't think I can sneeze without asking the computer first. It's driving me mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Err, some older people seem to manage computers and the internet very well. 😉

    Is that a new header photo? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hersheys makes a chocolate bar with almonds. I do go for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of National Almond day, I like nuts very much.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !