6 Aug 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

My week started badly ! I had to do a blood test and therefore get up early and the worst is I was not allowed to drink a coffee with sugar. I didn't know drank my coffee and walked over to the laboratory to have me test made. It's just the building next door and I had to walk which is criminal for me in such an early hour (it was 9) 

The waiting room was empty so was the laboratory, no doctor in view. After 5 min I called "hallo anybody there" ? and heard a woman's voice telling me that during July and August Mondays and Fridays there are no tests. I was so upset my whole morning was spoiled. 

And finally as it rained I stayed home I made a private lockdown, now that we are set free, more or less. It was my turn to receive the Scrabbelers so I bought a cake and as the hairdressr was just outside the supermarket I was lucky and she could take me right away.

After that I felt better at least I didn't look like a mop anymore. Before we started scrabbeling, I wanted to try to put the vaccination certificate on my smartphone, but for that I needed an identitiy card reader and it turned out my old thing didn't work anymore. We gave up and started Scrabble, it went quite good for me.

In the evening Rosie had a cuddle attack and purred and rubbed her head against my hand. And suddenly she bit and ran away ! I was not very happy of course but it didn't bleed and I thought it was nothing special. I desinfected the little hole put a plaster on it and went to bed.

The next morning when I woke up I thought I was wearing a boxing glove . I am not quickly shocked but this seemed rather dangerous to me. I called my doctor who lives next door and could go over immediately. It's an infection and I have to take antibiotics. I thought I could do the blood test as I was already there, and the paper I had forgotten not at home but at the doctor. Unfortunately with this infection I was not allowed to, because the test wouldn't be exact.


Unfortunately it is my right hand and t's difficult to use it it hurts too much. Fortunately I have not too much to do, but even typing hurts. Hope it will better tomorrow.

I also visited Mr. G and  participated in a very funny game, one had to wear a picture on his forehead and find out who or what it was and we gave tips.

Poor Elvis if he would see how his fans look today ! I really had to laugh because all the vintage ladies tried to dance even in their wheelchair. One man couldn't remember the name of the person on his forehead and explained   : First he was black, then he was white and he danced like that ! He got up and tried to show us the moon walk ! We really had a lot of fun and instead of staying one hour I stayed until 5 pm !

So another week went by and now I suffer in silence and don't type anymore !!


 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

15 comments:

  1. Bad days are always so annoying. I am sorry the cat bit you. Be careful. When my sister had her pacemaker put in the Cardiologist said one of her cats had to have scratched her and she had cat scratch fever which caused her to need the pacemaker. I had never heard of such a thing. I am very careful with my cat as I have a VP Shunt and I can not tolerate getting any kind of an infection. I hope your hand heals nicely and I hope you have many better days. A wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your poor hand, such an infection from one bite. I hope you are all healed very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you applied ice? That's the first thing I do when I have a swollen part. Ice reduces swelling and pain.
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the blessings from this week were.........????

    Hope your infection clears up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nasty infection you have in your hand. Glad you went to the doctor straightaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your hand. Tell Rosie, no more of that! Maybe she needs to brush her teeth more! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you, your hand looks really sore. Hope the antibiotics work quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awful for you to have an infective hand just as everything seemed to be going well

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope your hand gets better soon ! We know from experience that cat bites are dangerous - but we know you and Rosie love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that hand look so painful
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have had an eventful week!! Yikes on the cat bite infection. Those can be dangerous. Hubby here had that happen a couple of times in the past...and once from the doggy.

    Its good to have all the stores and services you need right at hand so to speak.

    Tat was fun to have such a good visit with your husband at the care facility. In my work I help little old ladies and men who need help with all the things of daily living...we often have games and other activities to keep everyone from getting bored...and it helps them to feel better too. And they make new friends that way, too.

    Have fun with the Scrabblers!
    Get better soon! And be nice Rosie..please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow--so sorry about the cat bite infection! I hope it goes away and the swelling goes down soon. That sounds like a fun game you played at your husband's place. It's nice to have the doctor and hairdresser so close by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! I hope your infection clears up quickly.
    It is a blessing that you can visit Mr. G. I'm glad he is in a place where they can still have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I read this post but must not have had time to comment on the weekend. Such is my life right now. I hope your hand is better. That looks awful painful. Why do cats do that? Mine has done the same thing. Thank God for antibiotics! I know that game you played at Mr. G's but the name escapes me. It is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !