22 May 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Today we start the 70th day of lockdown ! Sounds long when you read it !

Since Monday we are allowed to go to the hairdresser ! I had taken an appointment 2 weeks before to be sure to get two for me and Mr. G.  It was a real adventure ! We arrived a bit earlier and there were seats outside the salon. Then we were called inside, with mask and had to disinfect our hands got a white paper coat or something similar which was thrown away when we left.



My hairdresser wore a visor over her mask. The seats were disinfected too before we sat down. One chair was empty between two to keep distance. We had a lot of fun, as nobody had ever experienced such an adventure. The poor girls had a lot of work and some hairdressers had already opened at midnight !! Now whole Belgium has clean and nicely cut hair !!



As our house is nearly sold I don't do anything in the garden anymore, with the result that everything blooms !!

We had our Corona meeting at Nicole's it's still very warm. We talked about the curtains I had to buy for the new apartment, and as I don't understand anything about mesurements and curtains, M. promised me to come with me and measure the windows, while N, will measure the terrace, I want to put fake grass on it.



Once again Isis was hungry and walked her servant to her dining room !



The view was so nice that we enjoyed our sunbath very much.

Yesterday we went to a big fabric shop together with my two friends. I choose this color because the walls are light grey and dark grey (like everywhere now) only that I don't like grey. I'll try to put as much as possible of colors into the rooms.



This color will fit perfectly with our black leather sofa and seats.  I found it very complicated to calculate how much fabric you need and you have to be careful to give the right measurements, because once they are sewed it's too late. The last time I had bought fabric was maybe 30 years ago and had no idea of the prices. It has become terribly expensive although my friends told me that these are a very good price. Anyway they have to last until I last ! I was happy that this was done and decided that I will take them.



And as usual in the evening Miss Rosie watched TV with me.

70 days


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.




13 comments:

  1. We go to a really nice fabric store to get our curtain material and then my mum makes them. I could do it as well, but my mum is just a bit better on the sewing machine than I am.

    I like the colour. I don't mind grey or beige walls, as long as you have enough colour to break it up. I couldn't live in a completely white house: I would go mad I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get your hair done. I am looking forward to been able to get mine done in the future. Love the colour choice for your curtains, very pretty with grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not feel comfortable going into a salon. I don't need my hair cut, but the grays are taking over. So I ordered a special hair color to use and between myself and Jack we will get it done, next week. Then I will not look like a skunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you getting hair cut :-) Looks like the hairdresser is making sure everything stays safe, which is great! I like the color you picked for your apartment. It will go very nicely with grey walls!
    Have a wonderful weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you could get your hair done. Mine is a total mess - I think by the time we can use a hairdresser I'll be able to have it cut short enough that it will be my natural grey and won't need to worry about colouring it anymore! Lovely colour for your curtains - they will certainly brighten up the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must feel great to get your haircut. I can't wait to get mine done. Those curtains will look good against your grey walls. I have made all the curtains for my daughter's house and my son's. Maybe curtains for someone else can be stressful as you are worried about making making a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabric has gotten so expensive. The fabric stores here all have 40% off coupons, and I think they set their prices high so 40% just brings it down to normal instead of feeling like savings. I'm glad you found fabric for curtains that you like. I really need to get my hair cut, too. I'm going to see if my d-i-l wants to try it. Miss Rosie looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the fabric you need three times the width of the windows you need? Maybe that is for lace curtains. Our hairdressers are only wearing masks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your hair looks nice after all that protection. My hairdresser doesn't even wear a mask and neither do I - I know we probably should. Love the colour of your curtains they will look great with grey walls. Are you having them lined? I think Rosie will like fake grass on your terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although the girls at my hairdresser are very nice, I really don't enjoy having my hair done.
    I love your orange curtains - one could never be sad with such a vibrant colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMW We still aren't permitted to visit hairdressers and nail salons. I have a visor but so far I've only worn my surgical mask, onto which I painted a pink smile with my lipstick. I look forward to seeing your new apartment. The curtains are beautifully vibrant. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those curtains! We painted the walls in our Florida cottage a color close to that! No gray there. But here in Oregon I still have one very plain gray wall that really needs a bright painting. You are right, gray is depressing especially when the sky outside is the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No haircuts for us, yet. No photo of us, either :)
    I have made curtains and it's not my favorite sewing project. I'm sure you will love the bright colors.
    How kind of those cats to allow you to share their lives.
    Keep safe and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !