4 Apr 2020

WORLD WIDE SPRING CLEANING

Another day of confinement, and the sun is shining and everybody wants to go outside to get something from the sun and the fresh air. But we can't we are not allowed to go out for our own protection and it is really not nice of the sun to shine now when we are all locked in, while it rained for weeks when we were free.

I am lucky, I live outside the big city Brussels, I have a garden and could walk or sit in there, I even could do some garden work ! I am so free as a bird in a big cage. But the poor people living in a multi store building in small apartments with a bunch of kids it must be hell to keep them inside.

We never had a natural catastrophe here were I live. Not even a flooding or a hurrican.

And then arrived this vicious virus brought into all European countries by travelling tourists just after the Carnival holidays. No country escaped and then it went across the whole world to all other continents not one corner escaped. This had never happened before.

All other catastrophes were local like theTsunami, or hurricans etc.

But now, even the politicians in the whole world are not protected by an army they are as helpless as we are.  And there is nothing to do against. We can go on the moon but we can't kill a little virous ! A lot of money was spent on the discovery of the outer space and to be able to walk on the moon instead of taking care of our planet and the healthcare has been rather neglected in many countries. Everything was more important then the health of the people.

Now those we have elected to govern the countries are also sitting deeply in the sh...t and some of them even got the evil virus. 

The world will never be the same after that ! Nature has send us a spring cleaning (or an intensive cleaning) for the whole world !

In Venice the canals are blue again and even Swans are coming back. Never seen birds are suddenly in the parks, animals who hid from humans are coming out. Now we are in the zoo behind grids and they are watching us.

The streets are empty, the air fresh, no smog anymore, our world has never been so clean since ages.



Venice after spring cleaning




Linking to Linda H.Hills SOCS-deep

6 comments:

  1. It is so quiet here. I only go out if I have to, and then I dress in clothes like a Hazmat Suit with hat, gloves, and mask!
    I keep hoping I will wake up and it will be a bad dream, and life will return to normal. Sad to say, I do not think this will be the case for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea that we are now caged in the zoo and the animals can look on.
    At least I have a decent cage and I am lucky enough to share it with my husband,daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren. But there are some people in South Africa crowded together in home-built shacks and I don't know how they are coping! Jenny Young https://jennyyoung27.wordpress.com/2020/04/04/lockdown-day-9-deep/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are fortunate we live where ee do. Looking at overcrowded countries such as India, I can't see how they are ever going to overcome this nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I have a yard and garden to adventure in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we who have backyards are fortunate, indeed. This incredible time in our history is like none other. While populations all over the world are in lock down, the entire planet gets a chance to breathe.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !