6 Apr 2020

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND APRIL 4





I don't like to have my head in the sun




Sheena my friend's dog


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

******


WEEKEND

Another weekend in our golden cage ! That's the third one !! or is it the 4th ?? We started being confined in our homes  on March 14 ! The days fly by almost everyday the same.

On Saturday those who had a garden could sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. Barbecues were not allowed even between family members. The others were allowed to walk in the various parks which had been opened again,  as couples, two people together keeping a distance of 1.50 or whole families living under one roof. But you had to walk, no way to sit on a bench a little wall or on the grass !

I sat the whole day on my sofa, first computer,  then TV for me it was too cold to sit outside I didn't want to catch a cold.

My temporary cleaning lady came, which was very kind, as you are allowed to have one from a certain age on or if you have a health problems.  Of course we must both agree and keep distance. I was happy to see our house clean again, because after 3 weeks it was really necessary ! I reluctantly watched the news, it's always the same in the whole world, infected people, death, and fortunately also healed once always the statistics !

It seems that we are on a good way and we can have some hope that this nightmare ends !

Sunday was a wonderful day and I thought again, that it was really not right for all these locked in people in their little cages in the middle of the city. The children probably were getting crazy. But then I saw in the news that the parks were open in Brussels, and respecting the rules of keeping distance there were many people underway.

This time it was Myriams turn for our little get togethers. Nicole could walk to Myriam. I had to take the car.



We were sitting in her garden, the swimming pool was green because not yet cleaned and I told them that I have got a call from the owner of the apartment which I like so much and he told me that we couldn't meet on Monday, because there had been a Coronavirus case in the building and people were afraid, but he would sent me a video he had made for me.

I had put the video on an USB stick and taken along. Myriam and Nicole watched with me and  both were very excited and told me that I have to take it because it's really very beautiful, with a nice view on a big garden and plenty of trees. All around the apartment the view was the same, even the street didn't disturb. It also  was very quiet you couldn't hear the cars because of the double or triple isolated windows.

Mr. G. also liked it very much and I helped him to imagine his office in one of the rooms with a view on the street, where at least he could see something !

I will call the owner and put an option on the apartment, so when we are set free, I can rent it immediately and we can bring already little things over and as the kitchen is fully equipped also the plates and cutlery. Suddenly the world was bright again and during the night I was arranging the apartment and thinking how I would put our furniture !



In this three trees there are lots of little birds who started to chirp all at once ! Fortunately my cat wasn't there.


On my way back, the main street of Waterloo was empty not one single car, but mine, and also the park, but it was already 6 pm and people probably had returned home.


Usually on this street there is always one car after the other and the city is packed. I had never seen at 6 pm the street so empty and the sun was still shining.



Normally young people would sit here on the steps in front of Waterloo's church and people walking by, but we are still a ghost town for at least another two weeks !



8 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes well with the new apartment. Will look forward to seeing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen already has crockery and cutlery and what else? You will have too much of both. Is there a possibility you could put the video of the apartment up on your blog? Or send it to trusted people?

    You may not have heard cars because there weren't any. Triple glazing sounds excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are allowed to visit friends? Your intended new apartment sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what an adorable doggie!
    The apartment sounds great. I like it's quiet there. I hope the current situation will get better soon and you can start moving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my lots going on in our world right now.Hope all continues to go well for you! Cheers and here's a link to my 2020 A to Z Blog
    https://katheatoz.blogspot.com/2020/04/monday-april-6-2020-e-is-for-egret.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all would like to be let out again. Spring is such a beautiful season and it's really hard to stay indoors. But we must obey to keep everyone safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The apartment sounds great, exciting times ahead for you I think.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !