10 Apr 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Another week went by and on the 14th it will be a month that we are locked in. As there is nothing to do, I finally got used to it, and it doesn't disturb me too much.

I hate food shopping so I am glad that Mr. G. does it, I think he also needs now to get a bit out of the house. We my two friends and I still meet 3 or 4 times per week, always the same and always the same places.

Apparently the situation has improved and we were told that if it's possible we will be released from April 18 on, if not it will be in May. Due to the beautiful weather the rules in Brussels were a little released. It's impossible to keep whole families in little apartments. Mother or father are allowed to drive to the next park when there is no one near their home and let the kids run on the grass.

The adults have to go to the parks close to where they live and are allowed to walk on the paths but no way sitting on the grass or on the benches. This is only allowed for a short while for pregnant women and seniors.

My days are all the same. In the morning I prepare my posts for the next day, and read blogs and comments. It is very interesting now to read how people all over the world live their confinement. Most of the countries have the same rules as we have, except some States in the USA.  That's probably why they are now on the top of the list with the most death and most infected people.

When I got up this morning, my cleaning lady was standing in the kitchen which she had already cleaned. I was very much surprised and happy to see her. This week she could come, the bus was running with the seats marked in red where you were not allowed to sit. To keep distance they had found this solution. The driver is protected behind a plastic screen. 



She cleaned the garden furniture and since today our garden is officially open, not for guests but at least for us ! I don't know how long we will stay in our house as it is sold, all depends the date when offices are open again. I still have to visit the apartment I found, because I have seen it only on video. We also have to go to the notary to sign the papers for the house sale. As long as we are all prisoners nothing moves.



Rosie doesn't care, confined or not she still goes out where she wants to, but never asks me if I need something !



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. It is fair to allow people out to walk in parks etc, and families to walk out together. Animals are having a good laugh at us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can pretty much walk anywhere here in New York and only essential businesses are open. My car dealer is coming Monday to pick up my car, sanitize it, do the yearly inspection and rotate the tires then will sanitize it again and drive it home for me!! It's a free service for the sanitation and 25% off for the work. The NYC and the Albany County area where. I live is very hard hit with this virus but then again we are one of the most populated states! Most people are doing a good job with working from home and only going it for groceries or walking, biking, etc.

    Have a Happy Easter and try not to think of it as an imprisonment but rather a time to reflect on all the good in this world and the fact that God is indeed in control. We will get through this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have beautiful weather too but our lockdown if anything will get worse because of it. Not everyone seems to be keeping to the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a highly spoilt world, hard to keep in confinement. That's why I'm pessimistic. I don't see any quick end to this pandemic.
    I wish I was wrong about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s great your cleaning lady could come to your house.
    I hope you can go see the apartment in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope they find a vaccine for the COVID 19

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful during this time that I have a home to shelter in. It hasn't been easy to not be working, the days have been long, but we have been getting outside everyday for long walks with the dog. Though today that will not happen because it's snowing outside. We have to allow for extra time when we go for grocery shopping because they are only letting in a certain amount of people into the grocery store at one time so sometimes you have to wait outside for a bit. It will be hard this Easter weekend not to have my family here, we always get together at Easter but we'll just do it when we are thru to the other side of this pandemic. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very late visiting for FFF, and here it is almost Friday again! My husband is doing the grocery shopping now, too--he likes getting out of the house and I am happy to stay home. We're not getting together with anyone except my son, d-i-l, and grandson have come over a couple of times to visit at a distance from each us. It's not the same, but it's better than nothing. I'm glad they found a way to keep buses running and still maintain distance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will have to train Rosie better ! You are so right about why our country has the highest rate of infection. We are in such trouble with our so called leader and yet some idiots still think he is great. At least we are back in Oregon now. Things are managed better here than in Florida. .... Bill is dong any shopping we need to do ... I think he needs to get out.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !