9 Apr 2020

SITTING IN A GOLDEN CAGE

Today is my third week's and 3 days time in my golden cage.  I am like a parrot or a budgie behind grids, not really, because I have big windows to look outside.  I call my cage golden, because I can sit or work in the garden,  I don't have to stay in a little apartment in the middle of a big city with empty streets in a 10 floor high building and a bunch of kids. That must be hell !

It's not so easy for everybody to live 24 h together and you can't escape for a shop or a park or just some city walk.

Now that we are locked up, the sun is shining and calling us to come out for a walk in the park or forest and not to stay inside. But no, when we could still run around freely, the weather was cold and rainy. It's just not right.

Today our only connection to our friends  and families is the internet ! What a great invention, I switch on my computer and can see my friends or family in their golden cages and we can talk together..



Toby always has a very good appetite ........Working for school from home

Our children work from home and my grandson has school on internet. I am happy that I learned to handle a computer since 2005 which helps me so much in daily life connecting me to the outerworld. Most vintage ladies here are afraid of  computers and regret now that they never made the effort to learn. Some of them live near to their children and when it comes to shopping, they put the shopping bag in front of the entrance door and chat from far through the window.

Meanwhile I got used to my locked up life. I can't do anything, not even sort out the things which have to be thrown or given away when we move. They would sit in bags in the room for I don't know how long, therefore I just rest and try to gather forces for this last big change in our lives.

We have sold our house and found a very beautiful apartment  ! I was so fed up with the garden and the steps, in our new home we will have a big terrace, and a lift to the 4th floor. The view too is very nice and we are in the city center of our small town.




Never happened in history, that the whole world is locked up all together !




Linking to One Liner Wednesday

11 comments:

  1. I must tell you I like your header photo, it is very dramatic. Yes, I am a bird in a golden cage too. We can still walk in our neighborhood I am happy to report in this, my fourth week of lock down in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are halfway through our 4th week of lock down. We are lucky that we have a smallholding which we run as a livery yard so have our fields to walk around. We haven't left home at all in that time apart from 2 medical appointments I had to attend.
    The computer makes life so much easier to keep in touch in these troubling times.
    Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have come to terms with the lockdown. We have partial lockdown in Queensland but Bill and I have self isolated and get everything delivered. We are allowed to walk around the village, neighbourhood and Forest.Fox and Toby look similar. Except Toby looks taller. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember how long I have been in lockdown, every day seems the same and I hardly know what day it is. I live alone so no one to argue with. But I do have lots I can do at home so am able to keep busy. I wonder if we will all become anti-social when all this is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fortunate that I have two people to talk to, even if on occasion you get thoroughly fed up with each other. It would have been worse if I had been on my own in an apartment somewhere. And we can still go out and go to some shops. Some are closed, but there are still a few open as well.

    When is the plan to move?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for technology and all the ways it keeps us in touch with family and friends. We would be lost without it. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have computer to connect to your family. Yay for your house sell and new place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes thank goodness for technology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the correct approach and attitude! We will persevere and get through this as long as we behave! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps is lucky you are not yet in your new apartment as currently you have a garden to enjoy, making your golden cage a little larger than it would otherwise be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are also staying at home for 3 weeks in Turkey. After Covid-19, we don't want to stay in these houses any more. We are going to sleep outdoor even. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !