5 Aug 2019

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND AUGUST 3






Linking to AWWW MONDAYS


WEEKEND AUGUST 3

Just for the weekend the sun came out and we could go to the weekly Waterloo Apero where the people of Waterloo gather for a drink in the park.



And each time we eat a box of Belgian Fries (I refuse to say French fries, because they were invented in Belgium) which are especially good and tasty. Later we were joined by my neighbor and her niece and at 8 pm we returned home. It's always very pleasant.



The official "Sales" ended on July 31, and I hadn't bought anything because nothing was to my taste ! But one boutique, the one I like the most, had officially closed the "Sales" (that's a law) but in a corner of the store were all clothes with reduced prices by 50 % ! A real bargain. I bought the T-shirt and the pullover and I had cleaned the house over the weekend because my cleaning lady is on holidays for 3 weeks and thought that I really had earned to buy them. Apparently the good Maria (that's her name) misses her old couple (us) because today she called from Poland only to say "Hello" and ask if everything was OK ! I found that very sweet !

On Sunday it was again very warm and I went to Ilona and we sat in her garden and chatted about nothing and everything.







On my way home I stated that all trees have a real lush green after the two days of rain. This is the main road leading from Brussels to Waterloo. A lot of the woods on both sides have disappeared and restaurants or other stores had been built along the street.



Only one farm has resisted to the promoters and is still standing there, it is very old and has probably seen Napoleons or Wellingtons soldiers marching buy !  There was another one which had been transformed to a luxurious retirement home.

All in all a quite weekend, if you don't listen to the News !!

9 comments:

  1. Listening to the news does nobody any good these days! It looks so pretty in your park! Next time! (if wishes would only come true). Your cleaner is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to turn on the news. I needed to learn the weather forecast this morning and oh, before the weather came on, on this horror. I've tried watching easy things since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of the cat basketing in the sun are priceless!
    I like your 'fries' patriotism. Good for you to stick to the truth about their real origin!
    Enjoy your new beautiful T-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cat!!!!

    They are Belgium Fries?!? Wonderful!!!!!!! I must remember to call them that, from now on!!!!!!!!!! Yessss!!!!

    Nice visiting...

    Love your new tops, at a bargain price tooooo!!!! Love the white one especially. Please show a pic of you,wearing it, when you do!!!!! Wish I was tiny, and could wear such fun tops.

    How sweet for your cleaning lady to call, while on vacation. What a gem she is!!!!!! But I'm sure you appreciate her, and that is also, why she likes you so much.

    How sad, to see green land, disappearing, to all built up. -sigh- Such a shame, if that one farm, ceases to hold out. Bet when the present owners die, their heirs will not want to stay, and will sell it, for a lot of money. And there will go History. -sigh-

    If you read my Sunday post, you will see, the way I choose to deal with "News."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tops, I am a great fan of a bargain price and always shop the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your last photo. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS, we call them chips here to avoid arguments between the French and Belgians :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always nice to get a bargain. We just call them chips here or occasionally fries never quoting a country. Sounded like a lovely relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing quite like seeing a cat relax like that.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !