2 May 2018
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE - WORDLESS WEDNESDAY
Cleaning the TV
more participants here
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.
In Belgium it is the use to give a little bouquet of a lilly of the valley which is our mayflower to family friends and neighbors. You can see stalls all along the main roads, or children selling little bouquets.
This year it had been too cold, they are just coming out, but I could offer some to my friends.
2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.
I gave some tips to a young woman who was looking for a job and was quite depressed that she didn't find any apparently it helped she got other ideas and was suddenly cheerful and full of hope. She speaks English which is rather seldom in France so she has even more chances.
3. It's National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favorite restaurant only?
I don't know salsa it looks like chili con carne sauce when I googled and found a recepe. I would rather try out mild ! I don't like it too spicy.
4. When I was twelve years old...
I did a lot of roller skate with my friends and we started listening to Elvis Presley and I bought my first record. He was in Germany as soldier at that time I guess.
5. It's the first of May so let's run with it-first things first, don't know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently?
Difficult to answer that question at my vintage age ! It all had been probably, nothing is first !
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I just got back from the South of France where it was very warm, (see post below) and now I think that I am sitting here in a thick pullover with the heating on and think what I all have to do in the next days.