When I arrived at my aqua gym, the gardener was just vacuuming the leaves from the grass ! The trees had very much strip teased. It was a nice morning as usual and in the afternoon, I stayed home in the warmth while outside it rained and the wind was blowing around the house !
2. Nicole's kitchen is now ready to be "filled in" but she hadn't done it yet. I went to Nicole whose living room was in a mess, a cat wouldn't have found her kitten in this room, but we were sitting there chatting drinking coffee and eating a waffel and it was really cosy. We both noticed how nice it was that nobody makes remarks about your being messy ! I personally prefer to sit in a room which doesn't look like a furniture catalogue. That doesn't mean that my cats wouldn't find their kittens ! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, because we both had to laugh as Charlie (the dog)tried to find his way through all the books and items laying on the floor.
3. I was not really out of my bed when Mr. G. arrived and asked me "You know who won the elections", I yawned and said, "Hillary of course" and he : noooo it's Trump ! Fortunately I sat how was that possible ?? I had family in the States, I had been there so very often I had assisted to this unbelievable election circus but never had thought that Trump would win !!
I immediately looked what the press said. I have the advantage that I can make my own opinion by reading the French, German and English newspapers. Sometimes there are differences but this time they all agreed ! The English Newspaper wrote :
"Donald Trump wins: Republican candidate and reality TV star becomes 45th US president"
The most unlikely candidate to contest the US election has won the battle for the White House. Donald Trump, the 70-year-old New York tycoon previously best known around the world as the host of a celebrity TV show, is to become the 45th President"
and then I found other things, which maybe should have been known before !
He already had his plans in 1998 ! And has not a very nice opinion about the Republicans.
I liked this saying very much.
I heard that the Canadian Immigration website had crashed, because too many Americans wanted to immigrate to Canada ! It was like after the Brexit vote when British people wanted to stay in an European country.
3. The whole day on TV and in the Radio (when I was in the car) they talked about Trump ! and how is it possible that Hillary Clinton had more voices than Trump has lost ? Specialists, analysers etc tried to explain.
4. In my painting course we just discussed a bit about this event, not too much, and then we returned to other more funny discussions.
The coffee break and working "hard"
5. One of our aldermen had seen in Berlin a refrigerator for the poor and homeless, which is filled in by everybody who wants to help them.
After some discussions with the responsible people, Waterloo Tennis allowed him to install a fridge under the stairs in a discreet place. Volunteers take care of clean it and take out if something is not good anymore. I wanted to see that too, and bought some soup in cans, noodles and apples and put it aside of the fridge. We need a little table or shelve for can food. I also saw that people had brought soap and shampoo, baby things and even cat and dog food.
I returned home feeling good, I thought at least not all people are bad !
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.