28 Sept 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. I was feeling a little tired this week because I still have to take the syrupe against caughing that makes me sleepy especially when I watch something interesting on TV ! But I went to acqua gym and after our tea "ceremony", I had a Gyros with chips and salad in our little Greek restaurant "El Greco".
2. Before going to Yoga classes, Dominique and I met Nicole at the travel agency and we booked our 12 days holidays at the Red Sea for end November. Despite the political situation in Egypt, the week we wanted to go was already fully booked. And we are still in September ! I is true at the Red Sea there are no troubles at all.
3. The house of our 93 year old neighbor who died in June is sold since at least a months and is still empty. The new owners haven't moved in yet. The result was, that the house was burgled and inside damaged as there was nothing to steal. We never had burglers in our street but in the last 4 years two of my neighbor's houses were burgled. They are mostly interested in computer stuff and televisions.
4. Together with the girls of my painting group we went to our friend Geneviève's funerals. She wanted to be cremated and no religious service. We drove to the new built Crematorium in Cours St. Etienne which is about 20 km from Brussels/Waterloo in the middle of a beautiful countryside.
It sits on a hill and from there you have a nice view on the little town. I have to say it has been built with a lot of taste, very modern, but still warm with very colorful paintings on the creme painted walls.
Everything was done to cheer up people, if it would be possible in their grief. There were lots of people gathered in a creme colored room with banks looking like steps around the white coffin standing on a kind of block in the middle. After the funerals we went back and had a coffee at a friend's house. We didn't want to stay for a buffet which Geneviève's husband had organized for after the ceremony. We didn't want to disturb the family.
5. For the first time I did a map updating on my Garmin GPS. It was quiet easy although it lasted a long time to get all the new maps from the computer on the GPS. Now I have the latest version with all the new roundabouts ! They are growing everywhere like weeds !