28 Jan 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. On Monday after acqua gym we discussed about the benefits of light therapy and if it would be worthwhile to buy a lamp. As Dominique had already one, she said that it helped her very much during these dark winter period. It's true that lots of people have the winter blues. Therefore after having lunch together, I went with Dominique to different stores to see what was on the market and of course also to compare prices. She found a wonderful alarm clock, which wakes you up slowly with increasing light and to the sound of bird chirping. It also can be used as bedside lamp.
2. My friend Chantal also suffered from the rain and darkness and proposed to do some window shopping in a very big antique store, where we could walk around and look at pretty or ugly things without getting wet. After that we had a cup of tea at home and of course again we talked about light therapy and she said that she already has a lamp like that when it wasn't on the market in Belgium yet and her mother had bought it in France in a pharmacy.
3. I decided to buy my lamp. Not so easy, they were sold out in 3 stores ! Finally I went back to the first store, got the last lamp which was exposed, bought it and asked Mr. G. to install it besides my Computer. He of course grumbled about "again a useless thing" but after all the explanation he then heard from different sources, he found it good too.
4. In the morning I started my computer, took a cup of coffee and switched on the lamp. The light was bright but not steady and waggled. After a while it got steady, but then there was a strange noise which really got on my nerves. It was damaged ! I took it back and asked to change it, there was no problem besides one .... no lamp in stock ! They ordered it for me and I have to wait.
5. In my painting class they had taken away the Christmas decoration (it was about time) and had put up these building paintings. We all got the impression to paint in the middle of the Grand'Place in Brussels ! It looks very nice !
Besides lamp hunting I worked on my Blog book. Other Bloggers have told me that it is very easy, I don't know what I am doing but my book composition takes time !