19 Aug 2010
more participants here
1. The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.
2.The traveler is active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes "sight-seeing."
3.The camera makes everyone a tourist in other people's reality, and eventually in one's own.
4.The vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist
5.The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.
6.In the middle ages people were tourists because of their religion, whereas now they are tourists because tourism is their religion.
7.In the past, it was only in science fiction novels that you could read about ordinary people being able to go to space... But the foundation for space tourism is now laid.
8.Tourism, human circulation considered as consumption is fundamentally nothing more than the leisure of going to see what has become banal.
9.Though there are some disagreeable things in a country there is nothing so disagreeable as the tourists.
10. A tourist never looks like he looks at home, he saves on clothing
11. A tourist always has at least a camera
12. Tourists are a special race, you recognize them everywhere
13. Some tourists feel like home in another country, but they don't behave like at home
I came back home yesterday night after a nice day in London as a tourist !