26 Jun 2007

GIVE YOUR GUNS BACK !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Has she to give her pistol back ? It's only a fake ... you never know with administrations !


The day I wait for my lost identity card statement at our local police station, an old white haired grandma came in with a big rifle and a gun. I thought that's my day it's just like a crime story where old ladies attack banks or kill people and here I was in a police station.


Fortunately I was wrong, the poor woman just followed the new law which indicates that everybody in possession of arms has to give them back before July 1st, or ask for a new permission to keep them. The old lady had inherited the arms from her late husband and she wanted to sell them instead of giving them back to just be destroyed.


That wasn't allowed the responsible person told her, she had to first ask a permission from the governor and when she had that she could sell them and the man who wished to buy them had also to ask permission. What a mess ! She also was informed that it would take about 2 months to get the permission for sale and another month for all the formulars to sell them.


I thought that during this period she would have enough time to do hold ups or play sniper. Then a man came in with a revolver (this police station became more and more cosy) and wanted to give it back. This too was not possible because for that he needed an appointment because they had too much to do ! (while I heard laughing and chatting behind a door !) He also couldn't do the appointment right away because it had to be done by phone !


The poor man then proposed to the young policemen to handle him over his phone so he would call now. The police youngster answered that he is not allowed to give the phone away ! The man started to get angry, then took his mobile out, called the respective number for appointments and I heard the phone ringing in the next office ! Finally he got an appointment for 3 days later and the funniest thing was, I could hear what he said and what the person behind the door said too. Administration I thought, instead of coming out and talk to the man !


Three other people arrived with arms in plastic bags but they had an appointment and had just to wait until somebody appeared. I have never seen so many arms in my whole life !


In Belgium from July 1st on, keeping arms whatsoever is illegal and if you don't have a permission renewable every year (to pay of course) you have to give them back. Even collectors with antique arms which don't shoot anymore have to do that too.


Now I wonder if the royal family is involved too, because I know that they are hunting in the Ardennes ! Has the King to give all his arms back or ask for permission ? And all the once which are in his collection which he inherited from the former Kings ?


All this paperwork is really too exaggerated. In the States arm laws are not severe enough or not existing and here you are not even allowed to keep a 2 or 300 year old weapon !

I wonder if I have to ask for permission for the water pistol I bought to shoot on my cats when they climb in the curtains ?




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

8 comments:

  1. This world is absolutely crazy! at least you can blog about it to keep your mental sanity :)
    Maybe they have special colorful forms to register water guns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ONE question. If all the ARMS were in plastic bags... how were they carrying the bags? Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gattina.we have guns over here to,these rules are there only for the honest person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know me, I live in the country known as the Wild, Wild West.
    Personally, once you obtain the license to have a gun, that should be it.
    But Bureaucracies have to maintain their money flow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a law, in France, you can keep the arms you had but you have to declarate them. I'd like to know the Q.I of these young policemen! Is it possible!? Aïe! Aïe! Aïe! I think il faudrait écrire une gazette pour que tout le monde puisse lire les "perles" de l'administration!
    Enfin les examens des filles sont terminés! On va souffler un peu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maribeth is right. It's not gun control, it's money flow. I like our freedoms here and I don't like guns or want to own one. But I will fight for the right to have them. Our politicans over here are always trying to make it so the citizens can't have weapons, but the criminals can. And the cops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the follies of beauracracy have been great fodder for writers for centuries. you either gotta laugh or rant unless you are one who can do both at once--like you who write rants that have us all ROTFLOL.

    Please don't shoot me with that water pistol but I'm about to tag you. Hope you can take it as a complement as I think you'll enjoy this one and make an entertaining post out of it. can't wait to see it.

    visit my post for the rules: http://joystory.blogspot.com/2007/06/i-was-tagged-by-adelle.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. People of the U.S. have a right by constitution to keep and bear arms, unless you have a felony against you, then no guns. Of course mostly the criminals have guns, and of course the cops. I don't have one, don't want one, and get very nervous in cleaning homes when I find guns around. Once I hit a rifle in the closet with my vacuum, I shreiked and ducked because I thought it would go off when it hit the floor and kill me, thankfully it didn't go off. I left a note and asked the client to put away his guns so I don't get scared, or shot. He did.
    All licenses and permission is for money flow, and information gathering on who to get money from.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !