8 Oct 2024

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY

This is the wedding registration book of my parents during Hitler's time. It is written in  Gothic which was the official writing. After the end of WWII, Gothic writing was banned because the occupants could not read it. I never learned this writing either and can't read or guess a bit, what my mother used to write in albums!


There were 10 pages foreseen for future children !! Here is only my birth certificate

I think with this page you had to confirm that your parents were not Jews


And fill in all these pages with the names of your grandparents until the 4th generation, still to prove that you are clean and don't have Jewish blood in your veins !  The following pages were printed with a text how a good housewife and spouse has to behave ! Unfortunately I couldn't read all, or maybe fortunately !



more participants here, and Image-in-ing

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately, I think that you could not read it. You could have it translated, but no matter, it is an interesting thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an interesting historical document. Hitler and his cronies were obsessed and evil.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !