11 Jul 2024

HODGEPODGE JULY 9

1. Do you feel older or younger than your age? Elaborate. 

That's easy to answer, I am always surprised when I have to show my passport that I am 81 ! I would rather turn around the numbers and make 18 ! 

2. What's one thing you should toss right now, but just can't? 

Important papers, which are not important to me, but I have to keep them for 5 years !!

3. Have you visited many of the 63 National Parks in the US of A? You'll find a list here. Do you have a favorite? What National Park that you haven't seen do you most want to see? 

Thanks to my aunt, my mother's sister who had married an American from Wisconsin we have seen quite a lot of the States. The first time we were there in 1971 and have made a tour around several States in total 8000 km. Years later in the 80th we returned each two years always in another State, visited what had to be visited and stayed then 2 weeks with my aunt to rest, before returning home.

We have seen the following parks 

  • Death Valley
  • Joshua Tree
  • Sequoia
  • Yosemite
  • Great Sand Dunes
  • Mesa Verde
  • Rocky Mountain
  • Everglades
  • Yellowstone
  • Theodor Roosevelt
  • Badlands
  • Bryce Canyon
  • Zion
  • Petrified Forest National Parc
  • Mount Rushmore
  • The painted desert
  •  Wisconsin Dells

 

 Bryce Canion

 

Sequoia Park

It is possible that I forgot a few, I have to find my list and all the cities we have seen during these years. The one I loved the most was the Bryce Canyon. And what I still can smell was the perfume of the Sequoia park. A very special smell which I could never forget.

4. How often do you get take out? What's your favorite? 

Since I live in "my castle" I don't need that anymore and I don't remember to ever have done this besides maybe a Pizza or a Hamburger when my grandson was here.

5. Do you have many (or any) subscriptions? Not necessarily magazines, but thinking more along the lines of boxes or products that companies offer, and you can sign up to receive on a regular basis. Could be weekly, monthly, quarterly, even daily. Tell us about them. 

No I don't have any subscriptions. I order when I need something, but I have nothing on a regular basis. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Gradually my random thought becomes a permanent thought, because I wonder when summer will finally arrive! Last year at this exact time we had a heat wave up to 38°C, everyone dreamed of an air condition and when it got too hot I went to a cool shopping mall and stayed there the afternoon until I returned to my oven. This year, since I've been here, there's only been one week of warm weather! And I've been here since November last year. Somehow the weather has become a yo-yo and nature is desperately trying to keep to the dates. If things continue like this we will have our summer at Christmas, just like the Australians now. and they will have their Christmas with snow !

Sidney

 

Brussels


3 comments:

  1. You have seen a whole lot of national parks!!
    WAY more than I, who live here!!

    I have seen a few in Canada as well, having lived there the first 32 years of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by how many US parks you have seen.
    The seasons are getting later in my opinion and I don't care what the statistics say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so well-travelled, Ingrid, with a host of memories.
    I think the seasons are shifting, too.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !