26 Jul 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Unfortunately it rained again on Monday so we had to play our memory game inside. What was amazing that people who still have all their head or "brain" were loosing, while those a bit handicapped won ! They had a better memory ! I always forgot where I had seen the apple to find the second one, I never found it, my neighbor, a little crazy and always smelling alcohol did ! Interesting experience. 

The next day I went to my dermatologist because I had troubles with my skin. I know him well he was very good, but now he had become an old bachelor boy, who criticized women because they have children and therefore could not work. I had to bite my tongue not to say what I thought of such old bachelors! He's crazy !

We had nice weather again, not too hot and not too cold and we all sat  on the terrace ! 

 

Each time there are more moles crawling out of their holes. When I arrived here, I was surprised that everyone stayed in their rooms and only saw each other in the restaurant. And then they were surprised that they were bored! 

Although it was not Friday 13, the whole day we had misfortunes. It started when I wanted to ask the internet about the weather and I didn't have internet. Then I saw that the TV was off. I tried the light, no light! I opened my door and asked what was wrong. 

A general glitch in our Waterloo neighborhood. This meant staff couldn't get in, as the doors all open electrically. Finally, some employees came into the castle through the window of our Gilberte (101 years old), who lives on the ground floor. 

Of course that was also a problem for the kitchen and the poor nurses and cleaners had to go up and down the four floors. A few nurses had to stay on the 4th floor for the very serious cases, who are completely helpless. Two hours later the light came back  and I was finally able to answer my emails. But the luck didn't last long and then the two elevators failed. Walking up and down again! Somehow we all got out of our routine. Luckily everything was working again in the afternoon and we were able to play our game. 

On top of all that I stated that my phone bill was wrong, too much had been charged and it was impossible to call my provider! A parcel that I had ordered was delivered to my old address and it was impossible to get anyone on the phone at the post office ! Some days it's better to stay in bed! Anyway, I've had enough for today and will do it all on Monday.

Rosie washes her ears, that means rain !!
Me at the end of the day !
 

 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It's a big problem when the electricity cuts out, especially if people are relying on lifts. Let's hope that won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that given all the other conveniences your castle has that it doesn't have its own generator in the event of a power cut. Maybe it's something they should look into considering how many vulnerable people they are caring for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had everything for the 4th floor where the heavy disabled people are living. Most of the others stayed anyway in their rooms, and were only worried that they won't get their lunch !

      Delete
  3. I agree with Wendy that the castle should have its own generator for times like that. I'm glad all is well again.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That collapse of all computer-linked services was inconvenient for healthy, young people but truly life threatening for isolated elderly people. I wonder if hospitals and other vital services have created emergency services, just in case the collapse ever happened again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it rains, it pours! Hopefully the days have been better since then. It’s a little scary how much everything depends on electricity and the Internet.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !