21 Jul 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JULY 20




 



Linking to AWWW MONDAYS 

 

 

 ********** 

On Saturday I had the visit of my friend and ex neighbor, who had helped me to move into my "castle" ! We know each other since 23 years ! We lived for at least 10 years side by side and we could look into each others kitchen. Rick helped her with her computer and walked her dog and as she lived alone she came often to us to watch a film together. We also traveled a lot together and she came with me to my yearly holidays in Egypt. Unfortunately the poor girl has got Parkinson but a different type of Parkinson's.

She had the typical symptom, her hands were shaking, but Rick had it all in his head. I had only seen her on the phone since the beginning of the year but not in person. So I was pretty horrified when I saw her. Her hands were no longer shaking but her entire upper body was shaking. 

I had ordered a menu for her in our restaurant and we were very spoiled. Since there are so many people here with shaking hands, because they are old, she wasn't noticed at all. She had difficulties with eating, but luckily she enjoyed it. Afterwards we sat on the terrace and looked at the albums from our travels together. 

Suddenly several  residents  came who wanted to see it too and  we spent a very nice afternoon all together. We told everyone what had happened to us and there was a lot of laughter. 

Time went by so quickly and she had to drive home, it takes an hour. She still drives without problem and called me that she had arrived safely home.

Dominique and I having lunch together in our restaurant. We had stuffed red peppers with rice and for dessert a "white lady" (Dame blanche) a vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

On Sunday we celebrated our National Day, but I stayed with the others and we played a very interesting game about Belgium. All questions concerning the country, languages, the Royals etc. I was surprised that most of them only knew a few things, and finally I won ! No wonder I had written enough about Belgium !

And this was my breakfast ! I thought maybe they think that Domi stayed over night and I hid her behind the sofa, because I got 5 croissants and one "couque au chocolat". That's the same dough just a different shape and filled with chocolate. I couldn't eat it all, and kept the left overs for the evening. 

The Royal Family, King Philip, Queen Mathilde, Crown Princess Elisabeth (in red) and one brother. Another brother and the youngest Princess Eleonor are not on the picture but were standing besides her siblings. Tonight there will be a drone show with 300 drones and a firework, while I while I will be in my bed and probably hear the noise of the festivities and firework in Waterloo.



 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Belgium Day a bit late. It must have been very nice having a visit from Dominique. I remember when you went on holidays together. Parkison's is awful so glad she can still drive.You are lucky to have a restaurant in the home. That breakfast was massive and I love those chocolate filled buns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice that your friends can visit and a blessing that Dominique can still drive. Your breakfast was certainly generous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belgium Day. Love it that you had a great visit with Dominique. My father had Parkinson's. Awful disease.

    Arthur was such a handsome mancat.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special to spend a day with Dominique. The food in your home sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that Dominique is still well enough to visit you. Sounds like you had a lovely time catching up and reminiscing.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !