8 Nov 2010

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND ?



Helps you to remember what you have done on the weekend of November 6. You never know if you need an alibi ! If you participate please put the little logo on the top of your post and leave your link.

I had to buy a new outside lamp which I put in front of the door, because it's getting dark now very soon and I thought it could be dangerous for visitors because the steps were difficult to see. When I had done that, and being outside anyway, I looked at the tiles of our terrace and found them green instead of white, moss had invaded my tiles and had declared war ! Fortunately there is a nice long lasting (cheap) remedy, just a jerrican of chlorid ! That's so efficient that even my black trousers became white spots and I had to throw them away !



Of course the cats had to check and Arthur behaved like a druggie with the chlorid smell, he couldn't sniff enough !

After that I didn't want to move anymore, so comments writing came on purpose until it was time for supper.



Watching a crime story on TV together with Rosie ended this day.



Sunday morning it was cold but the sun showed its nose so I took the train to "my" midi market in Brussels. Through the train window, which was surprisingly clean for once, I saw the red Thalys (above left) which takes you from Brussels to Paris in 1.22 h instead of 4 h, and the blue Eurostar (left) which goes to London also in less than 2 h. Before you had to take a ferry boat to go to the UK. I stayed in Brussels and made my Sunday walk through the market. As always it's very cosmopolitan and you hear all sorts of languages ! From Indian over Arabic to Polish etc.

When I arrived home it started to rain so the rest of the day I spent on my computer, and TV. A very quiet and rather boring weekend !

9 comments:

Linens and Royals said...

Aaaarrg, Gattina Stop. You are making me envious again. 1.22h to Paris and 2h to London. If only my 2 cats would agree to live in Europe, but we would miss the sun I think. I drove to my son's place for Sunday lunch and it took 1.22h. Hope Rosie enjoyed the crime story and Arthur has come down from his chlorid high.

Auntie E said...

Oh ,Those tiles look really White now, good job.Love how you ended the day, Crime stories are such great Mysteries.
Those fast trains are so neat. Paris,sounds like a great next adventure. London..always wanted to go there. Glad you had sun for your Brussels market trip.

Jo said...

Yep, your tiles look lovely and clean - is Arthur floating about somewhere (lol!) I love the way Rosie watches telly I had a cat once that loved telly and then we got rid of it (the telly, not the cat!) The market sounds super - a real windown from your lovely Africa holiday. When does your grandbaby arrive? Have a good day, Gattina. (((Hugs))) Jo

EastCoastLife said...

You looked so relaxed with your kids. :)

Thanks for the info on the trains, I'm thinking of touring Europe.

It would be faster and more convenient to travel by trains through Europe.

Maribeth said...

I skipped this weekend. Today would have been Katie's birthday, so I made a small montage to remember her with.

Tracy said...

I would like to say I did something productive but that would not be true. Other than getting the cows back in that got out I did nothing but relax with the kids.

Loree said...

Hm, I went to the hair salon on Saturday and in the evening I went out with my husband and son for a pizza. Yesterday I spent at my parent's house. Not a very exciting weekend either.

Nessa said...

i like quiet and boring weekends. they are my favorite.

Gledwood said...

I always thought that Arthur had addictive tendencies. (Takes one to know one!)