25 Dec 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND DECEMBER 23





 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

*********

 WEEKEND

Saturday I wanted to go out a bit, but the weather was so awful that I thought I will catch a cold/Covid,

 Therefore I sent my Christmas cards not by snail mail but by email. Our mail is so slow that I would have to sent the card at Easter so that it arrives at Christmas. The day went by so quickly and while I watched my film in the evening and fell asleep, it was 8.15 pm. The film was very interesting because I woke up at midnight and saw two fighting hippos ! I went to bed and couldn't sleep ! 

I red the happenings on Facebook and watched little movies with monkeys on my Tablet and then finally I slept. Unfortunately Rosie at 7 am did her morning jogging on me, so I got up gave her something to eat, but she wasn't hungry and returned to bed and it was 9 when the girl brought me breakfast. 

On the Breakfast tray were 4 croissants and a napkin which should say "Merry Christmas" unfortunately the personal in the kitchen didn't know English and gave us a napkin which made me laugh !  



Probably it was made for summer parties !

We had no Christmas weather at all, it rained and it was very windy. I went to the restaurant to see if there was something special, but besides that it was so full and noisy because of the visitors who had come to visit their grandmas and pas, so that I quickly returned into my room and waited for the Christmas meal, which was really delicious.  A shrimp salad as starter, a thick slice of meat in a Porto sauce and as dessert Brownies with a vanilla sauce. Maybe they can't speak English, but they can cook !

Had a few phone calls to do and the afternoon was quickly over. Then my son and family made a video call and since I had discovered that Whatsapp also works on a computer I saw the three very well. We chatted for a while and I told them that I had a nice Christmas. I had bought a bottle of alcohol free "Champagne" which tasted very good.

After having watched an old French movie   "Father Christmas is a rat" I went to bed.  I watch it each Christmas or rather we watched it. It is one of the funniest and very psychological French movie which are usually boring stupid. Except those on TV. And so I spent the second Christmas Eve alone, but I didn't feel alone. A ghost called Rick sat besides me !

 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week.

    • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★ Christmas ★。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those adorable cat photos did have me saying, "AWWW..." as I looked at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!!

    Sorry I missed so many posts...I did read through them all. Glad you began to start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !