5 Oct 2023

HODGEPODGE OCT 5

1. What's something that scares you? 

That's a difficult question, I am not quickly scared, at least in the very moment, when everything is over then maybe I am scared. Once 3 green haired punks, tatooed and with a rat on their shoulders thought they would scare me, but having a teenage boy at that time I was used to all kind of outfits and haircuts, so I gave them a big smile and admired the rats and petted them. You should have seen their faces, they were so disappointed !

2. Do you care where the food you eat comes from? To what degree?  

I was born in the middle of WWII and probably didn't think about from where it came, it came from where I lived. And so was it for all Europeans. Today I eat what I like if it's Indian, Chinese, Mexican or simply Belgian.

3. What's something you wish you'd spent more time doing when you were younger? 

I have always done what I wanted and took the time I needed, young or old

4. Let's play autumn this or that....pumpkin spice or apple cider? Corn maze or haunted house? Horror film or Hallmark movie? Blanket or sweatshirt? Watch football or watch the World Series? Foilage-red, yellow or orange? 

Halloween moved to Belgium rather late, I knew it because I had a son and they celebrated at school, but not like in the States. But each year it becomes more and you see more and more masks and horror things, like eyes which were marbles, or cut fingers etc.

5. This time last year where were you and what were you doing? 

Trying to fight against my grief, I was in a deep black hole, tried to be cheerful and "normal" but that was outside. Inside I was empty and didn't feel nothing. I laughed but I didn't laugh, my mouth made a grimace. Rick died just 6 month ago and it was the first Christmas without him.  Honestly I can't remember what we did. My son and family came that I remember.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My move to the boarding school for oldies approaches and on November 15, I am away. I am busy to think what I can sell and what goes with the moving company. The move goes in two steps, 1. they bring my belongings to my new home and 2. they empty my apartment completely. But I have one month time. Sometimes I think of my grandma who was 84 when she moved into a Retirement home. She did all alone, had put her furniture and all the rest on the street, her niece could safe some antiques, and then she moved into her new home, where she quickly became the mediator and accountant for the much younger. A pity that today nothing is allowed anymore, not even putting your stuff on the street 😉😉 !

 

Rosie's random thought


4 comments:

  1. Lol at Number 1. They must have been so disappointed.

    Moving to a new place won't cure you from the emptiness you feel after Rick left you, but it will help, I am sure. You are set for an easier life. You are fortunate to have sufficient funds to do so. Many do not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie looks so cosy and comfortable. Here, people put stuff outside their homes for other people to take if they want. It doesn't happen very often but I think it might be a growing trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it will be good for you to be around people. Losing a loved one is hard and I understand how empty you must have felt and probably still feel

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing that scares me is ever going back to that low point in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !