6 Oct 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Another week started and the trees are still green, no sign of autumn ! This year I don't pay attention to the color change of the nature I am busy the whole day with taking photos of my cat collection and other stuff, and then put it on the different sales sites. That takes time and suddenly it's already evening.

Very amusing are the scammers and I really enjoy their stupidity. One wanted me to sent a check, the double amount to reserve a cat figurine so I answered him to try cheating on another grandmother. Strange I didn't get an answer. One had put a profile picture of an old lady to look serious and asked me to sent the cat per mail. The cat was 50 cm high and I thought wrapping it, running to the post office he is crazy. Then he proposed another even stupider solution. He would pay with Payconic (??), and then the mail man would get the cat. I suggested that he go to a fraud school and learn how to cheat first. Strangely enough, I didn't get a response to thank me for the good advice!

My two neighbors invited my to say good bye, they had misunderstood and thought I would leave now in October. That was nice, the one who still owned a car, but didn't drive only on long straight streets to her daughter, sold finally her car and now she has to ask her daughter to do the shopping. I have to say I once drove with her and was thinking about what putting in my testament ! 

I fear the day when I have to sell my car, my car is my freedom ! Cannot imagine how to live without a car with the  catastrophic public transport we have here ! 

Of course as perfect housewife I can't sew and was raking my brain how to find one who could make my curtains shorter. 

To be made shorter

Those I knew couldn't sew anymore because they either couldn't see well or their hands were shaking. Then suddenly I saw a small shop which proposed all tailor work,  making everything long or short. A very friendly lady told me that she could of course make my curtains shorter and for a good price. I've walked past the store at least a thousand times without seeing it. It's right next to the entrance of my supermarket! Apparently for certain things I am blind.

The next day my friend Laura hired her son and we went to my "castle" ! He had to measure the length and found the place beautiful. His grandma had tried 4 homes and they were all not good. We met some people who know me already and they told them that there is nothing to complain, the personal is very friendly and helpful. We walked a bit around and then went home. 

I was relieved, another problem solved. 

 I also found a nice place for Rosie's "restroom" just besides the toilet. How romantic we can go together.. Of course her basket will be besides my bed.

They both suggested where to put the furniture and I was quite happy that there is room enough for my belongings.

 


I should hang this over my bed !






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. It does take so much time to list things for sale. My husband does a lot of that and has encountered some weird requests as well. I'm glad you found a shop to shorten your curtains, and nearby and at a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little problems become bigger and bigger until they're solved and we realise they weren't such problems after all. I'm pleased you've found someone to alter your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if I could do it, shortening curtains is a big awful job, so I am glad you found someone to do that for you!

    Its interesting how any peeps out in the internet world are willing (and able), to try and scam those who they think are stupid enough to fall for them. Glad you are wise and smart to see through their ploys.

    I like that sign to hang over your bed...and Rosie's too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you sell everything you have listed!
    Love your beautiful cat!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curtains can be tricky to alter as it is so important that they are straight otherwise they will drive you mad every time you look at them. Scammers beware Gattina is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curtains are a big job. Glad you found someone who can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the same kind of perfect housewife you are Gattina. Can't sew a stitch and probably never would have noticed the tailor shop -- but I'm glad you did! and so happy to hear such good opinions about your new castle.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !