4 Aug 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday with the help of Isabel we made a draft notice to my landlord. 

Later I had an appointment with an antique buyer. Everything I thought it would be rubbish, he gave me a price that my eyes popped out ! there were bits and pieces of broken jewelry in gold and silver, which probably I would have thrown away. 

I wrote down each price he gave me and when I calculated the total, I inside jumped to the ceiling ! I think we both had made a good deal, of course he had calculated his benefit, but that is normal and it didn't seam exaggerated to me, because before I had googled gold and silver prices and the Swarowski cats, so that at least I had an idea. 

The next day I went to the Retirement Home to give the dates and to look at the room. I will move end November and by the first of December I will be in ! The room is beautiful very spacious, I think I can even take my two sofas and table with me. It will be completely refreshed, repainted, repaired, the former occupants were a couple. Each time somebody leaves the room is overdone completely. 

This is the view out of 3 windows !

 

I don't have to buy a fridge it's there. All TV's screens I had seen in the different homes were very small, and there was one on the wall just one size under my TV which has a huge screen. 

The bathroom is very spacious too with an Italian shower. It couldn't be better. For once since a long time I was happy. I found a home, I wouldn't be alone anymore. They have lots of activities, and in the park is even a mini Golf. 

My supermarket looked like it had been ransacked by hungry people. It reminded me of the rush on toilet paper during the Corona Virus period. The shelves were all empty, only some still had some cheese and luckily some fruits. I had to look where they had put everything. Instead of closing it completely, it is being renovated ! 

Then I went to Tom & Co, a pet store. Since it opened almost 30 years ago I've bought my cat food etc  there and shortly after came Cookie the Parrot. He still looks so beautiful, but he is no longer allowed to leave his cage for "hygienic reasons". He probably has the corona virus now. Poor bird, he always sat on his cage and whistled at women, that was so funny. Of course I complained that he hadn't infected anyone for 30 years and now he's suddenly dangerous. The world is going crazy with its fear of microbes. 


I don't remember how the sun looks like ! But the weatherman said this morning, with a bit of luck it will be better in the second half of August. The UK and Belgium became twins weatherwise !


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. This place is a lucky find. Your grassy views are beautiful and you can even do some people watching out the window for entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such good news, Ingrid. I'm sure there will be Christmas festivities in your new community so that will be fun. It looks a lovely place - three windows to gaze out of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new unit sounds great, and the window views are uplifting! You acted fast and well. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you be able to take the cat with you to your new home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the retirement in United States can be expensive.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such great news about the room in the nursing home. You've got great views from your windows. It sounds like it will be a great situation for you. And wow, how exciting about the jewelry sale!

    My FFF post is here: https://barbaraleeharper.com/2023/08/04/fridays-fave-five-706/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I would totally love to live there!!! Those views!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news about all the good profit you will receive from things you might have thrown away.
    And your retirement home views will be lovely.
    I hope you can take Rosie with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its sounds to me ttht your new home will be the perfect place for you to enjoy...and Rosie too!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !