10 Mar 2022

HODGEPODGE MARCH 10

 

1. Where do you get your news these days? 

The News on TV. I watch once per day  the UK Television (english) the Belgian in French, and the German  TV. As it concerens mostly Putin and his war, on all News it's more or less the same even the videos and the photos, in the UK you get also news of the Queen's health.  That's all, nobody talks about the Corona Virus anymore, it has disappeared, unfortunately not to Putin's home ! After all  these horrors I don't watch the News again. For me it's also the "déjà vue" because when I was six or seven I have lived in Bonn which was destroyed to 80 % and now 71 years later I see the same this time not life but in photos or films ! I thought I had forgotten after all this time, I never watched war moviess and only saw pictures, but now it's there again and that brings back memories I get the impression that I don't go "Back to the future" like the movie, but "Back to the past"

2. It's National Crab Day...do you like crab meat? What makes you crabby? 

Yes I like crabs very much but not the whole beast, only the meat !

The whole atmosphere in the world or around me, make me crabby ! Somehow people can't get used to the fact that we are now almost completely free and there is no lockdown anymore. But the theaters and cinemas remain almost empty and the cheerful mood on the markets has nearly disappeared. Although the masks are no longer mandatory, many people still wear them. Even some friends are still scared !  

3. Does freedom mean more choices? Have you ever felt there were too many choices? Elaborate.

Caution ! You are leaving  now West Berlin

I was lucky I have always lived in freedom and have only heard about  Eastern Germany (before the wall fell) where you went to prison if you only said a bad word about a politician. Everything was controlled. But as a young girl it was the last of my worries. When I was 14 I moved with my parents to Brussels, and there it was the same. Freedom is something normal to me and I couldn't understand when I started blogging that the American Bloggers often talked about freedom and religion. That's two things we never talk about because it's normal. Religion is not interesting enough Belgium is a catholic country and they don't know anything else. 


4. Barbara Millicent Roberts was introduced to the world on March 9, 1959...that's Barbie to most of us. Did you have Barbies as a kid, or did you let your own children play with Barbies? What well known Barbara (living or not) would you most like to meet? 

In 1959 I was 15 years old and more interested in  boys then in Barbies. I missed the whole Barbie introduction to the world. My child was a boy and he wasn't interested at all in Barbies neither in Ken. I saw Barbies in the shops and admired the choice of her dresses and outfits.  I never bought a Barbie as a gift for a girl neither. 

5. What are three things you value most in another person? 

Honesty, sincerity, caring, 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Each morning I wake up with a stone on my chest, I am in energy saving mode and wonder how long it will last. I started to gather the most interesting posts of my blogs which I want to transform in a book. When I think of he past and the adventurous, interesting life I had with Rick who had changed me from  a principled girl, who was stiff and cool, to a cheerful, adventurous woman enjoying life !






 

 

6 comments:

  1. The news is very difficult to watch these days so I prefer to listen to the radio otherwise I can't get those dreadful images out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your cat linky party. Glad to get a visit again. Ugh. The world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my news from the newspapers. I find that more professional, and also gives some needed distance from the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you about the news...and I have not even lived in a war. Though I heard and saw pictures...(taken with film that they were not supposed to have...), from my parents and other relatives wo did live in those days, in the midst of it like you did. Horrific. I mostly listen to radio news.

    I did not have any Barbies either...though I did have some others who were not branded and so they were cheaper. I was 3 1/2 when *she* was created.

    Beautiful image of you and Rick in those young and carefree days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers this week. I love the idea of turning posts into a book. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely photo of the two of you...definitely speaks to a different time when the world was crazy, but not completely out of it's mind like today. I hope you get the book put together. I have been doing something similar but it slow going and I think I'm overly critical of the writing in some of my earlier posts.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !